Reset before selling Mavic Air

Hi all. I’m selling my Mavic Air, will be putting it on the For Sale & Wanted section shortly, and maybe eBay. Should I do a factory reset to clear all the data? I’m a little worried that if I do that it may need all the updates doing and re-binding etc and I don’t want to give the new owner any headaches.
Or is it just a case of them connecting to their own Go4 account and that will be like new?
Thanks.

Hi Andrew @ash2020 , no need to do a full reset.
Just format the internal storage and the micro sd card if you are including that in the sale.
That’s it.
The new owner will connect aircraft to their Go4 account. They won’t be able to see your flight records on their Go4 account

1 Like

But there are also the flight records within the Mavic Air that one can only see using Assistant … but I’m not sure it these are …
a) able to be deleted, or
b) get deleted with a factory reset
I’ve never tried.

Thanks guys.

If it were me, I’d connect using Assistant and delete as much as I could - then factory reset - then fly it briefly to check everything’s OK.

PS - that may, or may not, be good advice … but it is what I’d probably do. :wink:

But then I’d have to link it to my account again and I might have to do the updates again. It’s not as if there’s any sensitive information there and I’ve never ever flown illegally!

I think you’re right though. I’ll give it a go.

True - I’d still delete stuff using assistant … if one can.

I’m unaware that your account info is stored on the Mavic … just flight data.

1 Like

OK. Thanks Dave.

1 Like

You won’t need to do any updates mate.

Factory reset won’t touch the firmware.

2 Likes

Thanks Callum, that makes sense, I mean it wouldn’t flash the old firmware, that would be silly!

2 Likes