River Clyde Bells Bridge Glasgow

Hello
Ive seen a few drones flying up above the water just before the Bells Bridge on the River Clyde Glasgow - are you allowed to fly in that area. I have a DJI Mini 2 and my A2 C of C Certificate for commercial use.

1 Like

There don’t appear to be any airspace restrictions there @Alibali1701

2 Likes

Hi Allister, welcome to GADC. Yes, with a Mini 2 you are fine to fly around there. I fly around the Clydeside in the centre of Glasgow a lot. Just watch out for the seagulls, they are not big fans of Mini 2’s! :grinning: Check out GADC’s very own Drone Scene for places to fly - Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Drone Scene Also worth checking - Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Good 2 Go - Can I fly my drone here? (dronescene.co.uk)

2 Likes

I was wondering if we might get some temporary restrictions come Oct for COP26 - HOME - UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) at the SEC – Glasgow 2021 (ukcop26.org)

1 Like

We are in the middle of creating a number fo promo films for COP26 (not drone work) as have been told there will no doubt be a restriction at that time.

Among the affected roads are the Clydeside Expressway and the Clyde Arc.
Elsewhere sections of Finnieston Street, Lancefield Quay, Stobcross Road and Minerva Street will also be closed.
Pedestrian and cycle access will be maintained on Finnieston Street, Lancefield Quay and the Clyde Arc.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

1 Like