River Orchy & Etive

A short film of the River’s Orchy & Etive near Glencoe. Both rivers start very calm and smooth but soon turn to white water. The falls and rapids are popular with kayakers. First time flying my Mavic 2 Pro so close to rocks and water, didn’t help that the wind was buffeting it about, scary stuff but great fun! :grin:

14 Likes

That is one excellent video, and a lovely place!

1 Like

Nice editing. :+1: Looks like a great place.

1 Like

Thanks kvetner & harmchar :+1:t2:

Excellent editing can I ask what are use to do your colour grading with

1 Like

:+1: Great quality footage. I have a Mavic 2 Pro also - fantastic bit of kit. . . .

1 Like

Hi, thanks. I use DaVinci Resolve Studio -

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/

Hi, Thanks. Yes it certainly is, I’m loving mine :+1:t2: :smile:

Great video… “almost” makes me want to get out there with the midges :wink:

1 Like

Wow, that is rather wonderful. I know the area well having done some of the munros down there. I am new to drones and hope one day I can produce a video like that!

1 Like

:joy: Yeah the midges can be pretty bad up there!

Thank you :+1:t2: :grinning: I’ve done 149 Munros but didn’t have a drone then. May just have to start doing the rest to get some drone footage of the tops :+1:t2:

1 Like

Lovely Vid! Were the Kayakers arranged or did they just happen to be there?

1 Like

One of my favourite places … you have done it justice : great video

2 Likes

Thanks :+1:t2: They just happened to be there, in fact there were lots on the river that day.

Thanks! :+1:t2: :grinning:

That makes the video even better. I love it when “things” happen by chance and provide an awesome shot.

1 Like

I take it no one spotted @stridingsandal 's Phantom 4 sneaking in to the frame at 2:14? We were both filming the kayakers, but Gavin’s Phantom was lower in the gorge than mine. To be fair, I didn’t spot it either until I’d finished to editing :roll_eyes: :grinning:

/crosses @Drumsagard off his list of spotters to use

1 Like

:joy: