Rivington Reservoir

Well today I managed to get up to Rivington Reservoir. Lovely walk and managed to get my Mavic up. I did get quite a few pics and some panos (I need to do some developing of these, a job tomorrow).

I thought I would share one image off my phone from the Mavic, hope you enjoy it.

Hope everyone else had a nice day.

17 Likes

good shot… straighten the horizon and you have a winner :+1:

1 Like

I think that’s the best I can get it @Tink07

7 Likes

You can re-calibrate the gimbal to straighten the horizon in future pics.

You can do it at home on a level table.

2 Likes

Nice capture, I like the clouds.

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe thank you. I’ll have to do this.

1 Like

Rivington is a nice place to fly

We were at Rivington on Saturday morning too!
This is Upper Rivington Reservoir

7 Likes

Did you not see us waving across Angelzarke? :roll_eyes::grin:

4 Likes

It was my first time flying up there. I didn’t even know how to get there so just looked where castle was and found car park near there. Then just walked till could get to Reservoir. Do you fly there a lot @Dun_na_nGall ? Are you local to the area?

My first time flying there too. I’m fairly new at it also. Went there with my youngest lad about 6.30/7am. Just after the rain. We parked up here…

Looks like there’s footpaths going all the way around Angelzark, would make for a nice walk also.
I’m over in Astley but used to live around your neck of the woods.
I’ve been a few times to Pennington Flash, if you go early doors over by the canal side that’s spot on also.
I cycled past Scotsmans Flash this morning and that looked like it would be worth a scoot around too.

1 Like

Ha! No way…

Small world, I was there on my morning dog walk.

What time did you ride through??

Small world eh :blush:

@Mercy @Dun_na_nGall didn’t see any low flying planes coming in over the water did you? :thinking:

A few of us had a meet up there last summer and as we were packing up to leave a small plane appeared out of nowhere and was flying lower than we were :grimacing:

1 Like

You have a GPS tracker on the dog?
Or has the dog put one on you?

Now I’m getting Dastardly and Muttley images …

:laughing:

Now I hear that laugh.

:rofl:

1 Like

Nice shot @Dun_na_nGall :+1:

I would’ve been a couple of hours after you, I was up around the other side of Haigh Hall first then followed the canal all the way back to Astley.
Nice to stop for a pint along the way for a change, though getting back on the bike was a bit of a tender ordeal!
Had a couple of ‘Spiderman’ moments in the middle of the night jumping out of the bed with bloody cramp!
No doubt I’ll be doing it again next week.

@Mercy @Dun_na_nGall didn’t see any low flying planes coming in over the water did you?

No, didn’t even pass anyone until we got back near the car.
Really was nice and quiet.
Just a couple of fellas fishing from the embankment further round.
I highly recommend it :+1::grin:

Thank you :+1:

1 Like

And we should do it again :+1:

1 Like