Roundabout time-lapse view of Uttoxeter New Road, Derby

Here’s one I did a while ago of a couple of local roundabouts - just hovering in place for 25 mins videoing at a normal speed then speeded up afterwards :slight_smile:

6 Likes

nice, yes there is something about roundabouts that are appealing to the eye when sped up.
And they look even more interested when I manipulate the video like this …

2 Likes

Me too, Ive been making time-lapse videos since the 1990’s, yes use your drone to do one its fun.

1 Like

Was this for some professional analysis, or just personal curiosity?

4 Likes

The reason I did it was because they recently completely changed this island and the lanes to it and it’s not that obvious which lane you meant to be in for going straight on.
I’ve only been through it twice since it was redone and both times people were in the wrong lane
My video which provoked me to make the time lapse one… https://youtu.be/EdCqyUozkX0

2 Likes

I wish one roundabout in town was not in a FRZ … and close to the centre and runway centreline. I’d do the same.
The number of accidents there alone should be enough that it gets changed.

1 Like

reminds me of ants haha following them lines :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes there are lots of roundabouts in my city and would love to film them all for a time lapse compilation video but some are near an army base so can’t.
Also you have to be careful not to distract drivers, I had my drone 350 feet high and over to the side over waste land just in case. Swift’s kept buzzing it!!!

1 Like

Lol yes like tree ants marching with cut leaves

2 Likes

What editing programmes are we using here?

1 Like

Did you apply any stabilisation in post? Or was that as it came off the Mini?

1 Like

Hyperlapse

1 Like

Nearly caught me out yesterday as it’s the first time I’ve been that way since the change but, you know, I still actually watch what’s going on while I’m driving. :innocent:

1 Like

No stabilisation, this is 9 mins of 4K 30fps video and I’ve just increased the speed about 600% using the velocity envelope in Sony Vegas.

1 Like

Pretty stable. Must have been a good day. Speeding it up soon brings out any significant movements/wobbles.

Just looked on a big screen, and I do see some minor movements. Does Vegas have a video stabiliser? If so, it would probable look that little bit better.

1 Like

Sony Vegas pro 18 pro
this is simply 9 mins of 4K 30fps video and I’ve just increased the speed about 600% using the velocity envelope in Sony Vegas.

The arty bit after 1 min in is done using multiple mirror effects

Yes not helped by the fact that painted on the left lane are 3 left only arrows and one straight on arrow so if just happen to be in the left lane and look at the straight on arrow you could think your ok to go straight on there instead of going left!

Yes there was zero wind of any kind according to my UAV forecast app.
Yes Sony Vegas has an advanced stabilisation feature but didn’t bother using as this footage isn’t too bad.

1 Like

@comedyhunter an edited version of that video might make a great entry to the Straight Down challenge that’s currently running:

https://greyarro.ws/t/rtf-photo-competition-open-20-06-to-03-0-straight-down/33279

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve never taken part in these things, I may have a look at that

1 Like