Royal Victoria Chapel - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The Chapel was once at the heart of the Royal Victoria Military Hospital, which stretched for a quarter of a mile along the shores of Southampton Water. The hospital opened in 1863 and treated military personnel from across the British Empire. It was in operation for nearly 100 years, including during the Boer War, and World Wars I and II. The hospital building was demolished in 1966 and now only the Chapel remains.

Parking and Take off was from a public car park outside the entrance, however you can takeoff from the beach along Southampton Water.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 04/03/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

Byelaws… (Hampshire County Council) TOAL from the waterfront. :+1:

I position myself next to Netley Sailing Club.

1 Like

Nice video!
they may have started the demolition in 1966, but I remember going there in the 1980s when I lived in Lower Swanwick (and incidentally was working in the RN Hospital, Haslar). There were a couple of wings still standing, and i managed to get in through a door jammed open, and had a good look round!

William

Thank you William, I too spent time in Haslar Hospital in 1988 while in the RN. :+1: