RTF Competition 24th December 2023 to January 6th 2024 - Night Shots - Vote for the Winners

Welcome to the two-year RTF competition!

The subject you have chosen is Night Shots

Now for the rules. Most of you know of them, a few of you have read them. Give yourself a treat!

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit a still image created using a drone to illustrate the subject of the competition. This round will run from 00:01 Sunday 24th December 2023 to 23:00 Saturday 6th January 2024 and the subject is Night Shots

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open. It is a Reason To Fly competition so please show that the image is created by a flying camera!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Please post only one image, the image you wish to be judged, in this thread.

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

In Capitals as the first line of your post:

THIS IS MY ENTRY

If this is not done at the time of posting the picture will be ignored. Should it be absolutely necessary to change your picture then delete the previous picture and add “This is my entry” - as above - as the first line of your new post. If in any doubt contact the Challenges Committee
(@Challenges_Committee)

Further Information is required

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for one, all, some or none of the entries.

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three that have been picked at random from the subject list. You may make additions to the list at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third-placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

E&OE

@group-challenges

2 Likes

This is my entry

Grimsby docks. Orsted Windfarm supply ship " Wind of hope"
Taken 1734 25th December 2023 DJI mini4 Pro

6 Likes

This is my entry.

Top Golf Glasgow - 05/01/2024 - 18:28 - Mini 3 Pro - 0.5sec @ f1.7, 100iso.

6 Likes

My Entry, taken on the 5th Jan 2024, 18:58.

The Watercress line steam illuminations at Alton in Hampshire.

DJI Mini 2: 1/4 s @ f/2.8, ISO: 400

4 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Clifford’s Tower
York
06/01/2024 - 17:00
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100.
Shutter 2.0s, -0.7ev.

6 Likes

A small number of pictures to choose from this time around - quality rather than quantity. As usual you can vote for all, none, some or just one of the pictures. The winner will be announced after 22:00 on Monday, January 8th.

@group-challenges

We apologise for the late announcement of the results but it was one of the longest tallies of votes that we have ever undertaken, including three recounts. Eventually though we were able to declare that our third place winner was Jim - @Kings with his last-minute entry of the famous York landmark of Clifford’s tower:

We then went north for our second-place image, Glasgow’s Top Golf which describes itself as a “Sprawling entertainment venue with a high-tech driving range & swanky lounge with drinks & games.” Well done to our regular Glasgow contributor @Drumsagard - John Carroll.

Turning our attention to the East Coast is our winning image from John Blakeston - @john768 - the windfarm Service Operations Vessel Wind of Hope in a well-lit Grimsby docks.

Congratulations to John and well done all four of you who braved the weather (and weathered the seasonal festivities) to get out and try some flying!

@group-challenges

4 Likes

Congrat’s @john768 John on your winning entry and to @Drumsagard John and @Kings Jim for 2nd and 3rd place respectively. Also well done to @Stomper Nigel for giving it a go too in the cold and dark but busy season! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats @john768 :clap::clap: :clap:

Well done @john768 John, @Drumsagard John and @Kings Jim :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks. Glad I went down to the docks on Christmas day., Needed to get out for a walk, thought may as well take drone (as you do)

1 Like