RTF Competition 9th to 22nd January - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

That’s Wikipedia, I could have written that. Unlike OE …

Great to see we are debating the precise definition and scope of the competition subject a scant few hours before the challenge closes … :yum:

As said earlier, it’ll be decided by the vote and I know where mine’s going from the above.

On par with Facebook for reality

2 Likes

Oh dear, I wasn’t meaning to start a riot. It was just a bit of leg-pulling.

The whole point of RTF is to inspire you to get out and do something.

As ChalCom keep telling us, it’s largely self-governed, so you can submit photos of anything you like and the voters will decide in the final reckoning.

:peace_symbol: :smile:

1 Like

I had a brilliant idea for a drone powered windmill video but the usual crap beach shops are closed at this time of year.

1 Like

And the Krazy Golf course is being refurbished … :frowning:

Thanks again Rob :smiley: and of course CCommitee.

I didn’t know the RTF Abbrev, I thought you all just forgot the M, RTFM was badied around a lot in my uni days. See, it would have given me a reason to fly (well I’m still new and desperate to fly more. I think another couple of handholding days on the mini and I’ll do it on my own. I was going to this week but daughter asked me not to until she has had flying lessons from hubby. (even though I have most time in so far, cheeky!) I think they are worried about letting me out on my own.

Oh and yes be pedantic all you like and check your dictionaries :smiley: I didn’t enter :slight_smile: I amused myself with thinking of ways I could be creative with the brief. I can’t get out far alone so abso no way for me to visit an actual windmill. I come from a multi-media 3d/video/design background, after 15 years of dealing with nightmare MoD/Army clients you learn to bend the briefs. Other wise they would still use times new roman and stretched logo’s.

1 Like

Refurbished a few years ago but I checked it out today and it’s closed for a few months along with the trampolines and train.

The name was chosen with care. Hence we can encourage people to RTF Rules …

I’m afraid I will get more annoying, I’ll read it, forget it, read it, forget it.

I carry with me atm a little book which has all details of my new toys, like max distance etc. I promise I have read those pages 20-30 x and If you spot check me right now I wouldn’t be able to answer/remember. I hate it. I get really frustrated, espcially like now where I really want to learn all I can…without forgetting. or randomly clicking is another annoything but thats for another day.

windmills!

1 Like

I was very close to doing this for the birthday competition. :joy:

1 Like

If your pinwheels picture was an outstanding picture,trust me, I would have voted for it. As far as Im concerned, any wind powered impliment that goes around and around is a windmill!

2 Likes

@Challenges_Committee ……The windmill / wind turbine event ….I’m sure I recall wind turbines were not accepted in the windmill category for the birthday challenge ….however as you have pointed out this is a separate challenge , the RTF challenge entries are interpreted by the members so this will I’m sure be reflected in the voting …am I right ?

The RTF is a family stroll on the beach compared to the Birthday Challenge’s Tough Mudder.

The RTF comp is Windmills. You can interpret that however you like. The Birthday Challenge was Wind Powered with a bonus for four or more sails

The malevolent idea behind it there was to divert you toward windmills once you were knocked back by wind turbines (with blades) not being eligible for the bonus. You all bemoaned the lack of multi-sailed ships close to you until one braver than the rest tried a number of two-sailed dinghies in the same picture. The Challenge subjects are designed to be difficult although this year we had several very close to !00% entries. We are taking steps to ensure that will not happen in a few month’s time :slight_smile:

This is your competition to discuss, to decide on what does conform with the subject definition. You can vote for the images you like and not vote for those that lack merit or do not, in your opinion, meet the criteria of the subject.

This is the origin of the competion:

For those of you unfamiliar with this fortnightly challenge, it grew out of the buzz created by the 3rd GADC Birthday Treasure Hunt and the wish of two of the participants to keep the images and banter flowing. Instead of having to find and photograph an eclectic series of objects the R eason T o F ly Competition is primarily about imagination and composition.

It’s for those of us who enjoy a friendly challenge and enjoy the planning and execution of flights with a purpose. No prizes, just bragging rights. And if the subject is Abandoned Railway Stations and you submit an image of a rhinoceros then fine, if you had fun making the picture it’s all to the good. You may just be disappointed by your fellow GADC members lack of votes for your entry … :rhinoceros: :yum:

5 Likes

Quite possibly the best analogy I’ve ever seen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your next subject may involve some study of Drone Scene, Google Earth and those all-important County definitive Rights of Way maps - see here for details!

A great and varied selection of current and former mills from you - thanks! Now it’s time to select your favourites. You can click on each image to return to the original post for more information …

As always, you can vote for one, none, some or all of the images whether you had entered a picture or not. Have fun but hurry - Poll closes 22:00 Monday evening!

• [2DEA4999-2364-4C38-8FF1-5C2BC2248ADC

• 23F2560D-9B8B-48D4-BD05-492F9DBA7D73

• 20220116210750_DJI_0130_2_HDR

• ccc

• 625sjg

• DJI_0021-HDR

• DJI_0035-01

• DJI_0043-2*

• 625ttx

• DJI_0102(1)

• DJI_0107

• DJI_0112(1)

• DJI_0130

• 625tam

• DJI_0233

• 625uef

• DJI_0446-HDR

• DJI_0452-HDR

• DJI_0660

• edit8

• wind11

0 voters

It will be hard to come up with more difficult subjects for this year than what we got last year, but if anyone can do it it’s you lot. Bunch of evil bar stewards. :imp:

We take that as a condiment :salt:

1 Like