RTF Competition April 23rd to May 6th 2023 - Patterns - Vote for the Winners

@group-challenges

This may be an interesting two weeks - very English / British. From St George’s Day, Shakespeare’s birthday and the UK warning system test to the Coronation of HM Charles III of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of His other Realms and Territories King, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, and Sovereign of the Most Noble Order of the Garter.

So, amid all this celebration let’s strive to make the most of the subject you have chosen for this round of RTF - Patterns

The rules are below. They haven’t changed since the last round. Or have they? :thinking:

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit a still image created using a drone to illustrate the subject of the competition. The subject for the competition running from 00:01 April 23rd to 23:00 May 6th 2023 is Patterns

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open. It is a Reason To Fly competition so please show that the image is created by a flying camera!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Please post only one image, the image you wish to be judged, in this thread.

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

In Capitals as the first line of your post:

THIS IS MY ENTRY

If this is not done the picture will be ignored. Any further images will not be entered into the competition unless the “entry” line is deleted from previous images and placed on the new image or, if too much time has passed to edit the previous image, that image is deleted.

Without an indication of which image is the entry then all will be ignored.

Further Information is required

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for one, all, some or none of the entries.

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three that have been picked at random from the subject list. You may make additions to the list at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third-placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed and counted

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

E&OE
4 Likes

Nice one Maybe I’ll look for waves in a reservoir! :rofl::rofl:

Pattern?

4 Likes

If you see a pattern thats all that matters. I might submit one saying it’s an autostereogram

The pedants and philosophers amongst you might care to pick the bones out of that lot:

The rest of you can take advantage of the gaps in the weather to go and take some pictures :slight_smile:

And submit the best one

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Elliott’s Caravan Park, Hayling Island
11:40 25/04/2023
Mavic Air 2

16 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY
Taken: 15:51 25/04/2023
Mavic Mini Mk1

10 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

26/04/2023
Loch Head, Newton Stewart
DJI Mini 3 Pro
Harvested Forestry Plantation.

7 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

29/04/23 1130hrs
Location LB Solar Plant (Google Maps)
DJI Mini 3 Pro
Edited using Snapseed
Added to Drone Scene

5 Likes

What does LB stand for @TallTakes ?

I’ll be honest I don’t really know. Nothing much about it online either

Leg Before… :grin: Its Landesbank I think.

Should it be ib ?

1 Like

that says india!!

Yes it does , they make sola panels

ahh, makes sense!!

This is my Entry.
Stourton Park & Ride.
Leeds.

26/04/2023 - 18:03.
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100.
Shutter 1/500s, -0.3ev.

9 Likes

Coldstones Cut, Bewerley, Harrogate HG3 5JQ

29th April 2023 @ 15.33
DJI Mini 3 Pro
Auto settings

8 Likes

@markas What is that Mark? Dont forget to put ‘my entry’… if it is that is! :grin:

It’s an art installation, you walk through and there is a large platform at the end and higher level platforms in the circular parts. Gives you a view over the quarry in front and across the countryside. Was a bit misty up there today but it’s worth a visit.

1 Like