RTF Competition - January 29th to February 11th 2023 - River(s) - Winners Announced

Hopefully something a little different? No edits or crops. Campsie Falls on the River Tay, a famous salmon fishing spot. Also popular with the kayakers and canoeists. Taken using a mini2 on 7th Feb. I was lucky enough to catch a salmon fisher with a lovely cast rolling out. Could have done with a little more space in bottom left hand corner but hey ho

5 Likes

Well captured :clap:

1 Like

It was luck more than anything Chris, i knew they were there obviously but it wasnt until today I saw the picture. I didnt have an entry for the comp but saw this and thought “why not”?
The Tay has the highest outflow of water of any river in the UK. Its a massive river and I like the scale in this shot, I just wish the lens was wider! Yes i could have flown higher , but the airport was busy and too many microlights floating about.

1 Like

@group-challenges

This particular Chall Com minion is sitting here full of a painkiller that seems to do weird things to balance, wakefulness, perception and rational thought. So forgive me, multiple entrants, if I have put the wrong photo in the poll. It shouldn’t be a hardship as all the images for this round were of great interest, even though the subject seemed to have transmuted itself into bridges at times :slight_smile:

Here are the pictures for anyone to vote for. As usual the poll will close at 22:00 on Monday, two days hence. You may vote for all, none, one or some of the images. Choose wisely and choose well! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The very top one needs removing pls as I’ve got 2 entries in the poll.

This one.

1 Like

Don’t think the polls can be edited after a short time has elapsed, otherwise it also wipes out all current votes and would have to be started again.

Ah, if that’s the case can people not vote for that picture then pls, if it does win then it’s void and goes to the next in line, not that it would as there far better, cheers.

1 Like

Yes, there is a time limit on charges to the poll.15 minutes I believe. But even that is unworkable as votes get cast within the first few seconds of the poll being announced.

Congratulations to our entrants and special congratulations to our winners who are:

In third place is a picture of a river. Not a bridge, not a weir but just a wee river, meandering through grassland. Well done @firstadekit for sticking to the brief and creating such a nice, simple shot:

And our second place winner is @clinkadink with a picture of the world-famous Pulteney bridge in Bath with the Avon descending the weir below:

This round’s winner, with an uncomplicated yet colourful picture of the Nene on a calm winter’s day is @Acedrone

Congratulations to Ade, Chris and Jason and well done to all who supplied images for judging by their peers. The next round, Lights, is already underway!

@group-challenges

4 Likes

Well done too the winners & all the entries, all was a very good batch, also great work put together by @Challenges_Committee where I can only imagine, doing all sorts of tasks for the RTF & other bits & pieces of work, week in & week out, must get or be rather tiring @ times, so well done & thankyou, for literally giving us all a Reason Too Fly :clap:t2:

3 Likes

Well done to everyone that entered and voted. Loved this one, bridges and all!

Congrats to the winners Jason, Chris and Ade.:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Well done guys, great pics! :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Congrats to @firstadekit Ade :3rd_place_medal: and Jason @Acedrone :1st_place_medal: for their winning edits :clap: And extra points for no bridges or weirs :laughing: There were some stunning entries in this challenge, and considering the time of year, I think everyone’s done great job :clap::clap::clap::+1:

2 Likes

Well done to @firstadekit , @Acedrone & @clinkadink - three cracking shots from a great assortment of other fantastic images.

1 Like

Well done to the winners and all entrants, excellent quality of pictures again :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Oh wow, was expecting 0 votes against some of that crop, which begs the question, what on earth is the right subject for a light!!

Well done all, truly some great compositions in this one. The bar seems to get higher every fortnight.