RTF Competition March 20th to April 2nd - Moving Water - Winners Announced!

my bad should read 28th March :man_facepalming: i have not got a time machine yet

1 Like

With filter 32

1 Like

Late entry due to work and shite weather!!!
Reekie Linn waterfall in Glen Isla taken on a Mini2 at 15:02. ISO 100, Shutter 1/2, 64ND filter. First time flying over water like this and I have to admit I was more than a little nervous, so much so that I only took two photos before the hands started trembling so much I couldn’t properly control her.

7 Likes

Buchanty Spout, Glenalmond
Taken 2nd April on Mini2 at around 2pm, glad I caught the Little Dipper flitting accross the water :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A smallish but high quality selection of entries from around the UK in the Moving Water competition, worthy of being judged.

You may have read elsewhere of the disaster that has befallen our Votalyzer ™ but rest assured we can run the usual poll to determine the three outstanding images from a very strong field. As our machine is now both fire-damaged and the cast iron frame is irrevocably warped we have, in the interim, booked time on one of the machines belonging to the Electoral Reform Society.

We have use of their apparatus until midnight on Monday which fits well with our normal practice of closing the vote 47 hours after the competition close. So you are invited to vote for all, some, one or none of these images whether or not you are an entrant. The poll closes at 22:00 on Monday 4th April when the winners will be announced.

Latest news - there may be a solution to the competition delay - check this post

Breaking news - new competition announced!

There were are large number of video entries compared to most competitions - hardly surprising given that the subject was Moving Water. There were also great attempts at capturing motion in still photographs, a tribute both to the photographer and the aparent stability of the modern drone and gimbal combination.

As always someone has to win and, in reverse order, we have - no-one!

No third place.

No second place.

But, standing on the shoulders of giants, we have three pepole sharing the honour of first place. So congratulations to everyone who entered and special congratulations to

@Acedrone - Billing Brook Waterfall - well done Jason!

@clinkadink - Bathampton Weir - equally well done Chris!

And, completing our trio of winners @stevesb with Scaleber Force waterfall. Well done Steve!

Look out for the return of the RTF - shortly after the 2022 Fundamental Colour Challenge closes!

3 Likes

Well done all three !

1 Like

Well done all. Some great photos there. Moving water not always easy to capture well. :beers:

2 Likes

Well done to the three, all very worthy co-winners!!

Tim

2 Likes

I haven’t seen that happen before in an RTF :wink:

Well done @Acedrone Jason and @stevesb Steve! :clap::clap::clap: And everyone else for their edits. Really enjoyed this one :wink::+1:

1 Like

Congrats to the winners

2 Likes

Thank you for the votes. It makes taking the time and effort of planning, traveling and choosing the shots worthwhile.
Well done Chris @clinkadink and Jason @Acedrone great shots fellas.

2 Likes

Well done chaps, some great work there and worthy of a tied 1st :+1:

3 Likes

Some great shots. Long Exposure with a drone that doesn’t necessarily stay still, can be very difficult to get right in daylight. Some better photos here again than that CAA comp! :wink:

2 Likes

Well done guys :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Well done everybody. A tricky subject but some great pictures/videos.

2 Likes