RTF Competition - May 22 to June 4 - BRIDGES - Winners Announced!

I was saving my Mini 3 battery for the church. My flymore arrives in the morning. So I only have one battery at the moment for that drone.

I’ll try and get back tomorrow if the weather is ok and I’ll try and do the same shot with various drones.

To be fair, it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing and I only grabbed the Mini 3 and the Mavic 3

1 Like

Laira Bridg(es) - Plymouth
2022/05/22 21:00 (ish)
Mini 3 Pro

Pic 1 is straight from the camera with an exposure bump in Lightroom, Pic 2 is a 5 shot AEB HDR (not sure if allowed by rules)

8 Likes

The swing bridge at Reedham, Norfolk as the Lowestoft to Norwich train was crossing. Taken today (22/5/2022) at 20.50 with the DJI Mini 2.

11 Likes

You got the road bridge too :+1:

I did mean to write that in the caption but completely forgot, so cheers for pointing it out! :joy:

1 Like

Do you know what you have just done?

I have batteries from 6 drones on charge now.

Crap. Costing me a fortune :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

These are the Perth Bridges. Smeatons Bridge closest, then the Queens Bridge and finally the railway bridge.
Taken Sunday 22nd May around 2pm from memory but I’ll check the exif data for correct time. Mini 2

13 Likes

Can’t believe you are giving out the coveted ChallCom heavy sarcasm award so early.

1 Like

It’s the old style. We have a few to get rid of. Tradition has it that every time a new member joins the team we re-design the awards …

1 Like

I may have spoken far too soon about not getting another opportunity to capture the swing bridge in operation.

London Road, Warrington, Cheshire, swing bridge on the Manchester ship canal operating for a passing ship
23/05/22 approx. 12:20PM
Mavic Air 2

4 Likes

London Road, Warrington, Cheshire, swingbridge closing for passing ship (also visible in the background is the Walton A5060 swingbridge closing)
23/05/22 approx. 12:25PM
Mavic Air 2

7 Likes

Looked like the green ship from the last comp passing through.

Canal foot bridge at Brookfoot Lock
Mini 2 23/05/2022
360° panorama stitched in DJI Fly app, little planet created in Tiny Planets app on iPad and finishing touches in Snapseed

5 Likes

Foot bridge over canal at Brookfoot Lock
Mini 2 23/05/2022
RAW file processed in Snapseed on iPad

8 Likes

Conisborough Viaduct, Doncaster
Taken today 23/5 around 1.30 pm
Mini 2 with some slight adjustments in Lightroom

12 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

I see all your fancy bridges that are marvels of modern engineering and amazing works and bring you this rotted railway sleeper with some nails stuck in it slung over a wet bit. (Not actually a drone pic, so not in competition)

7 Likes

Okaaayyy,

1 Like

You sure that’s a railway sleeper and not that bloody viaduct worn down to a nubbin by all those drones flying over it?

1 Like