RTF Competition October 29th to November 11th - Breweries - Winners Announced

Clocks go back tonight so you have a whole extra hour for illustrating this round’s subject which you have democratically decided by 60% of the vote is Breweries

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit a still image created using a drone to illustrate the subject of the competition. This round will run from 00:01 Sunday 29th October to 23:00 Saturday, November 11th 2023 and the subject is Breweries

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open. It is a Reason To Fly competition so please show that the image is created by a flying camera!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Please post only one image, the image you wish to be judged, in this thread.

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

In Capitals as the first line of your post:

THIS IS MY ENTRY

If this is not done at the time of posting the picture will be ignored. Should it be absolutely necessary to change your picture then delete the previous picture and add “This is my entry” - as above - as the first line of your new post. If in any doubt contact the Challenges Committee
(@Challenges_Committee)

Further Information is required

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for one, all, some or none of the entries.

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three that have been picked at random from the subject list. You may make additions to the list at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third-placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

E&OE

@group-challenges

1 Like

Breweries, does this include local independent brewers ? There’s a few round here actually based in pubs. There’s one here in Derby that has a glass sided wall where you can view the brewing vats. :wink:

1 Like

The competition subject has been selected from suggestions by GADC members and by a poll of GADC members. It will be judged by GADC members.

So, if you think independent and small breweries are going to be accepted by your fellow GADC members - go ahead :slight_smile:

Most of them aren’t shrinking violets so if they think you are wrong they will tell you so!

Can’t believe there’s no entry / entries in here yet, or will there be at all :thinking:
I have one but it’s crap :sweat_smile:

I haven’t bothered with this one - all the breweries within reasonable range are just standard industrial units, with no features to say they are a brewery :frowning:

The one I got is in gorgeous surroundings and you can clearly see it’s a brewery but it was or is difficult to frame it to a reasonable standard due to the trees & secondly I don’t fancy being in it on my own, there’s no challenge in that :sweat_smile:

Well I thought I’d voted for clock towers but turned out my sausage fingers clicked the breweries option. Nothing for miles, nothing pretty for hundreds of miles. Weather abysmal. Going to Leicester on Sat so hoping to find something to take a pic of there. Good luck everyone else.

12 people out of 20 voted for breweries as a subject. Allowing for Hamish’s mistyping that still leave a majority in favour of the subject

As for "I don’t fancy being in it on my own, " Richard - someone has to be first. It also encourages the others.

This may help:

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY
Mav 3 classic
Renegade brewery berks
6,11,23 @ 2,30 ish pm

9 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

• Henley on Thames
  • 13:39 - 9/11/23
  • Mini 4 Pro

9 Likes

I almost did that one! Even thought about asking them if I could fly the drone inside and shoot through the glass wall into the brewery itself!

Would have been better :smiley:
Because of the trees it was just impossible to get on it properly or how I would have preferred,
The best shot I have ( not the one above ), is about 10 foot off the ground peering through the trees, so about 95 % landscape 5% brewery ! :rofl:

Edit : just to add, I tried everything in geometry, stretched, warped, vertical, horizontal, discutter kango hammer kubota & all failed !

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

DJI Mini 3 Pro
09-11-2023

TRING BREWERY

Tring Brewery - Wikipedia

Due to strong winds I was unable to get the scene I wanted. I needed to exclude a farm building to the front of the plant.

6 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Brewpoint

Taken 05-11-2023 with DJI Mini 3 Pro @ 16:24

About

Brewpoint, in Fairhill in western Bedford. So much more than just a brewery it is a state-of-the-art brewing facility with the flexibility to produce the styles of beer that consumers are demanding, equipped with the technology and brewing expertise to guarantee consistently excellent beer. Stylish Taproom & beer garden houses a wide range of Brewpoint beers with many exclusive to their taproom. Take a brewery tour where a member of our brew team will take you on a journey of discovery from hop to the ultimate pint.

8 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Tennent Caledonian Breweries
Duke Street, Glasgow - Saturday 11/11/2023 08:15 - DJI Mini 3 Pro

It was baltic in Glasgow this morning waiting on the sun rising to get a photo of probably the most famous brewery in Scotland and home of Tennent’s Lager. Who remembers the Lager Lovelies? - https://www.cannyscot.com/

Info: *Wellpark Brewery was originally known as the Drygate Brewery. It was founded as H. & R. Tennent in 1740 at Drygate Bridge, near Glasgow Cathedral, by Hugh and Robert Tennent, although brewing had taken place at the same site on the banks of the Molendinar Burn by their ancestor, Robert Tennent, since 1556, making it the oldest continuous commercial concern in Glasgow. Hugh Tennent’s sons, John and Robert, continued the family business, trading as J. & R. Tennent from 1769. The business expanded in the 1790s when the Tennent family purchased the neighbouring brewery of William McLehose, and renamed the 5-acre site Wellpark Brewery.

5 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

John Smiths.
Tadcaster Brewery, North Yorkshire .
11/11/2023 - 07:23.
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100.
Shutter 1/180s, -0.7ev.

https://www.johnsmiths.co.uk/history

5 Likes

I spent a week on Skye with friends while we were at college. In order to keep a lift as I hitchhiked I had to climb a mountain and the shot from the top appeared in the British Journal of Photography Annual for 1974 - but that’s another story.

We were staying in a cottage near Carbost and saw the discarded Lovelies tins in the roadside ditches. We went to the village hall for the bi-annual visit of the Wick Scottish Dance Band, much Tennants in evidence and little groups of men disappearing into the car park and reappearing a few minutes later. I found myself occasionally invited out with them and shared the surreptitious drams.

The next few days saw a vast increase in the number of lovelies tins, mainly third series - Sally, Sylvia, Lee and Heather but with a fair proportion of second series and the occasional rare find of the original lovelies series - there may even have been some earlier finds too.

We bacame quite intrigued by these and, on our walks around the area, would grab any can bearing an image we hadn’t seen before and took them back to the cottage to build up our collection which, at the ned of the holiday, got bagged and placed in the bin with the rest of the rubbish.

That would have been worth a small fortune now … :frowning:

Yeah would have been.

THIS IS MY ENTRY

OK, get your microscopes out.

This is Wold Top brewery on the Yorkshire Wolds (sea in distance). I took it with my Mini SE, 10th Nov, 120m altitude at sunset.

I chose the wide angle to show sustainability. This brewery use their own malt, barley grown on the field shown and malted in Bridlington 10miles away. Water is drawn up from a bore hole on the site, through the chalk and wild yeasts were used, not sure they stuck to that though. All power is generated by their wind turbines. Their Gold Top is super. Just to the right and behind the hill in Hunmanby, the beer waste is used as a starter for the Spirit of Yorkshire whisky, the only gold medal awarded to an English Whisky (as judged in America). It is very good and (it pains me to say as dad was a Scot) a damn way better and cheaper than any whisky I had on a recent trip to Skye. Can recommend both beer and whisky!

3 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Hall & Woodhouse Brewery, Brandford Forum , Dorset

15:48:48 in 6 November 2023

DJI mini 3 pro

An old town destroyed by flre in 1731. New town hall from 1736 wool, button making and brewing from 1740s and the railway came to Blandford 1860s with a link to Poole and Bristol with Lord Beeching cuts 1960s, changed British Railways.

| Challenges_Committee Verified Account
28 October |

• | - |

Clocks go back tonight so you have a whole extra hour for illustrating this round’s subject which you have democratically decided by 60% of the vote is Breweries

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit a still image created using a drone to illustrate the subject of the competition. This round will run from 00:01 Sunday 29th October to 23:00 Saturday, November 11th 2023 and the subject is Breweries

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open. It is a Reason To Fly competition so please show that the image is created by a flying camera!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Please post only one image, the image you wish to be judged, in this thread.

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

In Capitals as the first line of your post:

THIS IS MY ENTRY

If this is not done at the time of posting the picture will be ignored. Should it be absolutely necessary to change your picture then delete the previous picture and add “This is my entry” - as above - as the first line of your new post. If in any doubt contact the Challenges Committee
(@Challenges_Committee)

Further Information is required

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for one, all, some or none of the entries.

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three that have been picked at random from the subject list. You may make additions to the list at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third-placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

E&OE

@group-challenges