RTF Competition Sunday October 23rd to Saturday November 5th - Vote for the Winners

Removal of old Skippool Bridge to make way for a new dual carriageway on the A585

DJI Mini2 around 14:30 01/11/22. TOAL from a layby on Wyre Rd near the yacht club.

Note the pumps diverting water around the construction site

4 Likes

Finally got to fly after all this dreadfull weather. I am submitting 2 pictures taken today 4/11/22 at Symmetry Park near Kettering with my DJI mini 2.
These are sheds that are being put up everywhere at the expense of our gorgeous countryside. It keeps me in work but I do get sad to see the destruction of green land.
Last pic is a selfie of me at work and not for entry :grinning:

3 Likes

Glad you could get out in the sun again. Can you do us a favour next time and put each entry in a different post? It makes things easier for our underlings to do whatever it is they do to put the pictures in a poll :slight_smile:

I’ve just realised my entires include pictures as part of additional useful information. Do you want me to edit them out?

ooops, schoolboy error! Will do next time

Drone: DJI FPV
Martello Lake development expansion and potential commercial area.
The ground is a bit soggy after the heavy rain during the week.
Sorry got carried away so over 30 sec long.

1 Like

Middle Deepdale development in Seamer. 600 new homes, new road, new school, the lot.

As the video pans round, the new ‘green’ covers a roman villa, in fact the whole site was originally a roman settlement, see this article… You might have thought it was worth preserving like Hadrians Wall was but no, build houses on it, no one wanted to foot the bill for its upkeep!

Video taken 5th Nov, Mini SE.

2 Likes

We have got to the point of not caring :slight_smile:

Let the underlings sort it out when they get out the scissors and paste to construct the poll

This is where you get to spend a damp Saturday afternoon editing it down to 30 seconds. :slight_smile:

Could be good practice for forthcoming competitions and challenges …

Version 2…

3 Likes

@group-challenges

Another round of RTF ends with just the winning images left to choose. Well done to everyone who managed to get out in the very changeable weather, we’ve got a great crop of pictures and videos to admire. Sorry Darren - Panoee does not play nicely with the poll software - theres a wee thumnail instead.

So please vote for your favourites - as always you may vote for one, some, all or none of the images whether you were a competitor or an interested bystander. The results will be announced shortly after the poll closes at 22:00 on Monday 7th November.

The next round - Moving Water - can be found here

I can upload to kuula if you like? Wont make any difference to the voting as its pretty pants :sweat_smile:

Kuula seems to work, whether it works better with your image depends on how good it is :slight_smile: Panoee has left black holes top and bottom of yours.

We are considering whether to drop 360 panos from the comp altogether as they are a pain in the *****m to put in the poll. Either that or allow them but only put a screenshotted thumbnail in the poll.

2 Likes

@group-challenges

A colourful selection of pictures to choose from with @firstadekit taking 5th, 4th and third place with his pictures of Birmingham new buildings - one of them shown here:

In second place we have @Evilbuttchimp with a quick FPV spin around the Martello Lake development in Hythe:

The worthy winner was @kvetner with a close up shot of a 51 storey Manchester skyscraper under construction (and just keeping within the 400 foot altitude limit:

Congratualtions to our three winners and congratulations to everyone who managed to find enough breaks in the weather to go out and capture all the great images that were entered for the competition!

8 Likes

Well done all, an interesting comp this, more challenging than I expected :clap::+1:

Yes, good topic! Mine was a bit of luck. Surprised to find quite how high the building had become, I was struggling to get a good shot until I remembered the Mini 2’s wide angle pano option.

1 Like

Well done guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done folk, excellent entries and worthy winners :clap: :clap: :clap:

Loved @kvetner pic. Well done.

1 Like

As always some great images!