RTF Competiton - September 25 to October 8 - After Rain

At the time I posted the forecast was more rain

2 Likes

2 weeks of high winds after rain in Scarborough so no show. Too much for my Mini SE. I admit this short clip from 24th Sept can’t count but watch from 10s and there is a pretty double rainbow over cut wheat field.

3 Likes

Well, time to accept that the cloud isn’t going to clear and the perfect shot isn’t going to materialise…

So here’s my entry, all but guaranteeing me last place:

• Time/Date: 5/10/22 at approximately 6pm
  • Aircraft used: Mini 3 Pro
  • Description: It’s the rain running out of my crap guttering

2 Likes

Entry
Humber Bridge inbetween rain showers

Taken Barton on Humber side of Humber Bridge
1718 5th October 2022 DJI Mini3 Pro

4 Likes

@Challenges_Committee Vote buttons not working,for me?

1 Like

@group-challenges

Wrong kind of rain :frowning:

Never mind - here are the images to vote for - included is a video that was taken by premonition the day before the competition started, your choice if it’s eligible or not. We also have a black and white, a 360 and a shot from the bedroom window so we seem to have covered all bases :slight_smile:

Here are the Magnificent Seven:

This time “Everyone’s a Winner” is almost true - with only seven entries chances were high.

But three images are declared the winners - third place is @john768 with a fine 360 of the Humber Bridge with a wildly varying sky.

Second place is taken by @mynameisjoe with a Scottish rainbow. What did you find at the ends of it, Darren?

And first place went to @clinkadink with one of the first pictures from his new Mini 3 - and, apparently, he still hasn’t lost it due to flying in gale force winds … :slight_smile: Congratulations Chris!

Well done to everyone who found the time after rain - storm or shower - to try for a picture. Time to enter the next competition - Estates!

@group-challenges

7 Likes

Thanks @Challenges_Committee!! Well done @mynameisjoe and @john768 for their winning entries :medal_sports:, and to the remaining 4 for theirs too :clap::clap::clap:

Well done everyone ! :+1:

Just to add that the pic from my bedroom window wasn’t actually meant as an entry :joy:

It’s only been 2 weeks :joy: … but already flown 105 km with it. It’s a cracking bit of kit, wish I’d upgraded sooner.

We kinds guessed that, Martin. But we put it in the poll anyway out of badness. Shame no one voted for it though :frowning:

Well done everyone that managed an entry,:clap: whether you meant it or not. :rofl:. Congrats to all the winners, it was not easy to come up with something worthy in the crap weather we had… but you did. :+1:

2 Likes

‘After Rain’ assumes that it’ll stop at some point, which it will obviously. Unfortunately then it turns into kite flying weather, not drone flying weather. Nice work everyone that got an entry in, at least it gave the rest of us something to vote for. :+1:

1 Like

What can we say, Paul?

Not sorry, that’s for sure - you guys voted for the subject! :slight_smile:

Maybe the latest subject you have selected - Estates - will prove less dependent on the right kind of weather!

2 Likes

Cheers guys, and well done to clink and john.

“What did you find at the ends of it, Darren?”

More rain, and 46mph winds that almost got my drone lost!!! Wont be trying to to walk in @clinkadink shoes again, I’ll leave that stuff to him :rofl:

1 Like

Congrats to the winners :clap: :clap: and well done to everyone for submitting :+1:

1 Like

Well done everyone and a huge congrats to the winners! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done all. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done all, just couldn’t find the time for this one. Hopefully no excuse for the next one.

1 Like