RTF Competiton - September 25 to October 8 - After Rain

@group-challenges

Another poll, another result. And a new round of the Reason To Fly Competition for you to indulge in. This time 36 of you voted. The most popular of the three subjects, with 44% of the vote, was After Rain

Have Fun!

New season, new rules! Please read them :slight_smile:

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition. The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday September 25th to 23:00 Saturday 8th October 2022 is After Rain

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight - so somewhat higher than your eyeline please!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Your video must be a maximum of 30 seconds and hosted on Vimeo or YouTube. Paste the link to your video on a separate line in your post - this will allow the moderators to make a five second gif of a section of your video for entry into the poll.

You can create as many images as you wish and submit them in separate posts in this thread. However, only one image of any one subject will be accepted for judging. If you are making multiple entries please indicate which one you wish to be your competition entry at the time of posting unless you are happy for the judges to make that decision for you. Basically, if you have a selection of images of the same subject, have the courage of your convictions and post only the one that you think is best

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Drone Scene

If the Drone Scene bonus is specified for the competition then a valid. sensible and original Drone Scene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place. There must be no prior Drone Scene entry for the subject of your photograph.

Please note the qualifier “sensible” in the previous sentence. Drone Scene entries should be of places and objects that other pilots may want to photograph, for example traffic islands or derelict barns may fall outwith that description!*

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.

If the Drone Scene bonus is specified for this competition and your image is correctly added to the Drone Scene map it will be awarded two bonus votes. Correctly means with a location including a nearby town or similar likely to be known by UK competitors, a useful description of the subject, drone code compliant TOAL point and any further useful information

In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three picked at random from the subject list that has been suggested by those members. Additions to the list may be made at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for two days - shortly after the competition closes until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed and counted

Carson a tha na guthan dÏreach ag innse dhomh droch rudan a dhèanamh?

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected and adhered to. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

4 Likes

Well, after almost losing my wee lass in stupid winds, here is my entry. Taken today just after 1pm a few miles south of Glenshee, on the mini2. No edits or any adjustments.

8 Likes
  • Time and date: 27/09/2022, 5.30 pm
  • Aircraft used: Mini 3 Pro

I arrived just after it had been raining for the past hour, where I performed the maiden flight of my new Mini 3 Pro ( in atti mode :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

9 Likes

How appropriate that after almost losing my wee drone in high winds, that the clinkmeister follows up with a stunning image to put me to shame.
46mph winds? Thats nowt mate innit? After the rain? That rainbows shite mate innit?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice capture :ok_hand:

1 Like

That tickled me :joy:

For what it’s worth, I prefer the rainbow … plus yours is unedited. Well done Darren :wink::+1:

@group-challenges

Just to add to your burden - the new subjects for the next round are ready for you to choose from …

2 Likes

Waiting for it to actually stop raining…

Can’t see the grass getting cut any time soon…

Because you forgot to take your meds? :thinking:

Cò a dh’fheumas cungaidh-leigheis nuair a tha uisge-beatha ann?

1 Like

single malt? Double measure? :thinking: :rofl:

Truth

1 Like

Think it’s gonna be me and you for first and second place Chris @clinkadink ? Pitty we cant put in two entries each so there was a litlle more competition.
Come on guys, get snapping and get your entries in!!! Is there a # that notifies everyone :thinking:

@group-challenges will send the message to 38 people Darren. Surely you are a member?

Probably, but I’m not very clever with this stuff!!!
EDIT
Turns out I wasn’t, I am now!!!

Oi some of us are trying to sleep here :wink: tag abuse

(Please open the link quietly so that we don’t wake @Bobbysmile - ah, oh b***er! Sorry!)

Turns out that a rain warning isn’t that great for pictures of ‘after’ the rain after all… grey, overcast and windy. By the time the sun came out and the wind had dropped there was no sign if had rained.

Maybe something by Saturday :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It’s been raining in Glasgow now for what seems like forever. It finally cleared this evening, briefly. Saying that, it’s back on again just now :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain:

Conservation village of Carmunnock, north of Glasgow - Mini 3 Pro - 05/10/2022 - 16:50 Shot from the car park in Cathkin Braes Country Park which is 225m above sea level.

5 Likes

After rain came the wind and then more rain - no flying for the forseeable future :frowning:

1 Like