RTF PHOTO COMPETITION - OPEN - 13/12 to 26/12 - SUNRISE / SUNSET

The competition ends at 23:59 on Boxing Day - plenty of time to try out those new airdraft you are all getting for Christmas!

Boring Stuff:

Devices

You are now able to use your handheld devices (phone, mirrorless, DSLR. OSMO etc) BUT…
1 extra vote will be awarded for the use of your drone. A valid Dronescene addition also gets a bonus vote.

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition: SUNRISE OR SUNSET
  • The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight for a bonus vote, images taken by ground-based kit, either photo or video are also permitted
  • Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded one bonus vote.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.
  • The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
  • Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
  • The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

Have Fun!

5 Likes

I’m really looking forward to this one. Its no secret that I’m partial to a beautiful sunset and I can’t wait to see everyone’s entries :sunrise_over_mountains: :sunrise: :city_sunrise:
Good luck everyone and happy snapping :four_leaf_clover: :camera_flash:

3 Likes

Right then, off we go! There should be plenty of opportunities at this time of year.

2 Likes

It was a carefully chosen subject. As the timespan of the competition includes the shortest day there should be no unpleasant early starts or late finishes to worry about.

Sorry for the FPV guys though, " derelict buildings" was there to be voted for :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They can still fly around a derelict building at sunrise/sunset :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah me too :+1: just need the rain to stop!

3 Likes

Well, this is going great guns, isn’t it! :astonished:

Half way and no pictures!

Maybe these subjects for the next competition will be easier - vote for your favourite …

RTF Competition 17/12/2020 to 09/01/2021

0 voters

3 Likes

Yeah the weather has not been on our side for Sunrise/Sunset as yet Rob :confused: Will get something soon hopefully :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Thats a cracking photo Rob :heart_eyes: will there be an Icy Moments category in the next comp mate?

1 Like

I hit the wrong button and the post went live before I had added the poll - which isn’t designed for insertion of pictures, has to be done by cutting and pasting the picture url. It is now complete so you can go back and decide on your best next subject :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooooh great subject choices McMac Team! Tough choice :+1:t2:

1 Like

Only shot I have that was taken in the time frame. All the others are wet!!

4 Likes

Yey we have a start! :smiley: Nice photo Keith :+1:t2:

1 Like

8 Likes

Sorry Rob ! The weather has been really poor, THEN I’ve been grounded for 7 days by the covid app- I have to self-isolate until the 22nd at 23.59 ! Possibility when I’m let back out, (or a DSLR pic from a bedroom window in the meantime :thinking:)

4 Likes

10 Likes

Agreed, but only one stands out for me :wink:

2 Likes

I’m thinking B&W Cityscape in the Snow, that should cover all bases :wink: :grin:

1 Like

Lovely sky Steve :+1:t2:

1 Like

Great photo David, where abouts is that?

1 Like