RTF Photo Competition OPEN - 18/10 to to 31/10 - AUTUMN COLOURS

The subject chosen by GADC members for the thitd unofficial GADC photo/video competition is:

RTF RULES - yes, read them!

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition: AUTUMN COLOURS
  • The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight
  • Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to al GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded three bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie the guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.
  • The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
  • Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
  • The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

For more information please re-read this post …

6 Likes

Oooh, Autumn :fallen_leaf: some stunning shots coming…

3 Likes

VOTING FOR THE PPREVIOUS COMPETITION WINNERS IS HERE

Hurry! Closes Thursday!!

1 Like

Here’s my entry on the theme of Autumn Colours. Notice my lucky capture of a rare cumulonimbus cloud

8 Likes

Thanks for getting the competition off to a great start Karl. Remember you can get three bonus votes for giving us the {RECISE take-off point on the Dronescene map

In fact, your picture is so astounding that I INSIST that you give precise details of this location …

2 Likes

It’s fine. I’m sure I don’t need the extra 3 points with such a stunning photograph.

4 Likes

Quite right and I have just checked out the area on Google Earth. It must be the Bennerly Pass in the Awsworth Mountains. 52.99100853,-1.29484708 lat/lon

1 Like

Fantastic photo Karl and in my humble opinion you should win outright without a vote purely for catching that incredibly rare cumulonimbus cloud :cloud: :ok_hand: :grin:

1 Like

Lovely picture Rob :+1:

2 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion that, given the forecast for the fortnight, you mau have submitted the winning picture!

Here’s hoping that someone will prove me wrong!

3 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Do they make drone umbrellas by any chance? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I have got a back up photo ready but its not what I want so I’m gonna wait for a break in the weather to try and get something better.
Heres hoping everyone gets a chance to get out and get some great photos soon :crossed_fingers:t2: good luck everyone :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Could be the only genuine photo at this rate. :cloud_with_rain:

2 Likes

Lol I went out Saturday evening to get some shots but the weather was heavily overcast so the light wasn’t great and the colours weren’t as I hoped either. I wasn’t going to take any shots but the Mrs said “you might as well get some as we’re here”. For once I’m glad I listened to her looking at the forecast :grin:
I just hope we can all get out and get some nice shots at somepoint soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Falling Colours

The winds were blowing the leaves off faster than my mind concentrating on the drone.
Took a few minutes of footage and cut quite an amount out (even with a dodgy wrist) :unamused:

6 Likes

Nice entry @MA2flyer :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Great to see another entry. Good job @MA2flyer :+1:t2:

1 Like

Finally got a 10 min gap in the rain and high winds!

Added to DS too :+1:

8 Likes

Nice one Tony. Great shot

Nice one @TonyDM great to see people are managing to beat the weather. Lovely shot by the way :ok_hand:

2 Likes