RTF Photo Competition OPEN - 20/09 to 03/10

The hard-fought voting for this session’s competition subject is over. The computer has been running for hours to produce the result and:

**NEWSFLASH!** ** STEVIEGEEK ACCEPTS GUEST JUDGE POSITION FOR THE COMPETITION!**

Post your images in this thread for judging by your peers - the most likes determine the winner. In the case of a tie Steve will have a casting “like” to resolve the situation

The rules have changed slightly to accommodate the FPV crowd (Hi Carl!) - no minimum media size/resolution

RTF RULES = yes, read them!

1. The requirement is to submit an image. photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.

2. The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open

3. Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

4. Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may like any number of images. The image with the most likes is the winner

5. Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded three bonus likes.

6. Each competitor must like a minimum of three other images before the competition closes in order to validate their own entry

7. In the event of a tie the guest judge will decide the winner

8. The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.

9. The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.

10. The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.

11. Voting by “like” will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.

12. The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

For more information please re-read this post …

6 Likes

droneunderbridge

A little tip that may prevent tears before bedtime. (Courtesy of the McMac Grandmother Egg-Sucking Education Department)

If you fly under a bridge you may lose signal.

If you lose signal will RTH kick in?

When that happens what height does your aircaft rise to before heading home?

3 Likes

Cheers Rob.
I’m looking forward to participating in this. You’ve made a real effort to incorporate us fpv guys.
In the unlikely event that I do not win, I want to thank you and begin an appeals process. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Don’t tell me. I’m on the sidelines. McSteamy and I have conned Steviegeek into being the judge.

You will have to appeal to Steve but as far as I know he already has a partner , :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m good then. I’ve got so much shit on Steve…

6 Likes

Do you accept bribes via PayPal… ?

4 Likes

Sshh… our secret, what happens in the field stays in the field :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Sorry,no, the height of integrity me… some days … :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

You gettin better?

Yes thanks mate @notveryprettyboy
Get tired easily but mixing workshop with Disney+ channel :laughing:
Having shorter days, 9 till 10 instead of 5 till 11, and feeling better for that.
You take care and I want to see excellent FPV footage of the best bridges in the UK :+1:

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

McMac Grandmother Egg-Sucking Education Department Bulletin #2

Best to check the weather for the coming fortnight. Even in the train-wreck that is 2020 the equinoctal gales are still going to be a force to be reckoned with …

hurricane

I blame @McSteamy2010 for dreaming up a photo competition in a time of bad weather :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Weather is looking great in the North :man_shrugging::ok_hand::heart_eyes:

I have the coordinates of my first target, batteries are on charge. Hoping for an early one tomorrow :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Go for it! And have fun!.

The weather is good for the next day and a half. Then it gets a wee bit hairy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a specific shot in mind which I have never gone out Intending to do before. This comp has inspired me to up my game knowing that there is a judgemental element!

1 Like

I bet @Steviegeek has been called some things in his time but never that :wink:

2 Likes

Hi guys
not posted or flown for quite sometime, been busy motorcycling.

I’ll get the ball rolling
taken today 20/9/20

20 Likes

Thanks for posting the first competition entry - don’t forget you can get three bonus likes if you share the location on Dronescene :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Cracking bridge shot, looks like the most random place for a bridge but it works. :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

1 Like