RTF Photo Competition - OPEN - 23/05 to 05/06 - Construction

RTF RULES - yes, read them!

** NEWSFLASH: BAD WEATHER ALERT, RULE 23 INVOKED**

Rule 23:
If the overall weather condition for the duration of the competition is deemed by the judges to be
“ ‘kin ‘orrible “ you may also use your handheld devices (phone, mirrorless, DSLR. OSMO etc) BUT… 1 extra vote will be awarded for the use of your drone. A valid dronescene addition also gets a bonus vote.

Scope

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.
  • The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday May 23rd to 23:59 Saturday 5th June is: CONSTRUCTION
  • The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight. An exception for ground based photography may be granted by invoking rule 23 at the commencement of the competition.
  • Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded one bonus vote.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
    • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule:

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
• The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.
• Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.
• The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

Have Fun!

For more information please re-read this post …

8 Likes

Oh - and if you could let us know where and when and with what you took the image that would be most awfully kind. Thank you.

It’s just an afterthought in the cold grey light of morning although it will probably be in the rules as a “must-do” in the next competition.

So might as well practice now. Remember:

Where. When. What with.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

One image per competitor, yes?

2 Likes

You can enter as many images as you like.

But you may find that too many images from one person dilute the votes given to them.

So, do you wait until you have your best image and submit that or put a “placeholder” in early doors in the hope of better to come?

Do your fellow pilots vote for the image or the person. Or a combination of both?

Or are we overthinking things and are better off selecting the best image and submitting just that?

Decisions, decisions … :sweat:

1 Like

If video is taken how long should it be please?

2 Likes

Sorry. It’s been so long since the last competition and the rules got lost during our recent hurried move after that it of unpleasantness with the Fraud Office. We had to recreate them from memory.

Videos may be a maximum of thirty seconds on screen. Timelapse, hyperlapse and Ken Burns effects are all allowed.

4 Likes

Took the opportunity this morning to visit a construction site in Chesham and the Mavic 2 produced this entry.

5 Likes

Excellent! Our first entry!

3 Likes

Right fellas, I’m here. Huge fank yoo to Sir Robert of the McMac team for kicking this off whilst I bask in the Somerset sun :smiley: pffft! Sod off! It raining here too but…. I have been busy. :chicken:

Anyway welcome back guys and great first topic. Looking forward to seeing the entry’s :face_with_monocle:

:metal:t4:

1 Like

And we have a second entry!

BobHS2

Buckinghamshire, 24/05/2021, Kodak Brownie 44A, Vericolor, 1/25 f11
1 Like

Sunset on buildings site in Wellingbough.
@ 20:54 25th May with Dji M2

9 Likes

Love that Jason, great shot :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hoping to see a few more now the weather is improving. Here’s one I took today:

4 Likes

Taken tonight @ 21:00 in Kettering with Dji M2

5 Likes

Mini 2. Near Great Missenden. HS2 site compound. Yesterday (27/5) around 6:30pm.

6 Likes

Segro Logistics park Northampton gateway.
Taken 28th May 2020 @ 20:48
With Dji M2
Taken from footpath on barn lane leading to Milton Malsor

9 Likes

Where: Glasgow city centre construction site by the River Clyde. TOAL from the Clyde Walkway.
When: Friday 28/05/21 at 6am
With: DJI Mini 2 & Nikon Z6

6 Likes

Just a quick heads up.

Can you spare a couple of moments from your quest for the perfect “Construction” image to select the subject for your next competition?

Voting is open right now! Click the image below:

download

4 Likes

C’mon guys - 30 participated in the vote for this challenge and 42% of that 30 voted for construction.

And we have just six entries so far - there are five library snaps from McMac productions illustrating the theme!

We’re hungry for pictures - or are you tantalising us and going to flood this thread with loads of last-minute pix?

4 Likes

I’m building up to it…

(see what I did there? :wink: )

Seriously, though, I’m still waiting for that bolt of inspiration to strike else it’s going to be a pretty standard shot of the housing estate going up in the village along the road. :+1:

3 Likes