RTF Photo Competition - OPEN - 23/05 to 05/06 - Construction

Just trying to even things out. McMac Productions has all their highly trained staff hanging around and mainly idle Mon-Fri 0900 to 1730.

Then the second weekend of the competition begins, the entries flood in and big smiles start appearing from those working the weekend shifts and earning obscene amounts of overtime.

That’s why, unless we get big manufacturer sponsorship, we can’t offer prizes for the competition winners. You will just have to be happy with the kudos and the acclaim of your fellow competitors. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here you go then, @macspite

I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow, when the weather might be a little better, but the site itself turned out to be a little underwhelming in the construction department so I thought I may as well just go with what I took on reconnaissance.

And I’ve added it to DroneScene as I figure I could use the extra credit on this one. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

And my petulant little outbursts are just a means of bumping this thread every so often so as to keep the competition at the top of peoples’ “to do” kists :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2nd Attempt
Segro Logistics park Northampton gateway.
Taken 03rd June 2021 @ 21:11
With Dji M2

7 Likes

Right, I’ll do this now as I’m away for the weekend and will most likely forget.

Weldex Crane Hire, Alfreton.
Taken 30/05 around 9pm with the Mavic Mini.

8 Likes

Construction in Action!!
Taken to day in Partington Manchester with M2

5 Likes

This photo was taken on 27th May on Water Street, Manchester using a DJI Mini 2. The building under construction is The Factory, a huge multi-function performance venue that will host the Manchester International Festival amongst other things.

More photos from the same visit here.

I added it to Drone Scene here:

7 Likes

I was trying to stick to just one but I can’t resist adding this one. It’s a new tower block under construction between Trinity Way and River Irwell in Salford, just the other side of the River from my previous photo.

It was taken with a DJI Mini 2 on 27th May from the same TOAL position as the previous photo (and therefore the same location on Drone Scene).

I may have counted wrong, but these are roughly floors 19 to 23 of the new building.

7 Likes

LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES!

The doors will be locked and bolted at 23:59 and at 00:01 the new competition begins …

2 Likes

Oh dear I seem to have buggered up here, I thought we still had tomorrow to get our shots :man_facepalming:
I’ll be in on the next comp

1 Like

Due to an unexpected visit from police forensic accountants staff shortages there has been a delay in presenting the poll to select this competition’s winners.

But here it is - once you have voted for all, some, one or none of the images scroll to the bottom and hit VOTE NOW

4 Likes

Please except my sincere apologies.

Now released without charge I’m back on the scene.
Huge thanks to Rob for taking control whilst I sort my shite. I promise to do more :smiley::pray::+1:t4::joy:

1 Like

Bumping this thread and hoping for more votes!

3 Likes

Last hours guys to get those votes in.
vote for your winners here
Winners announced later today.

3 Likes

My esteemed colleague appears to have had another one of his little brushes with officialdom as it seems that two large, black be-suited gentlemen arrived at McMac HQ in the early hours and helped him into the back of a large, black SUV which then drove off at high speed.

So it has fallen to me to announce the winners of the competition:

And the winners are < drum roll >

First: with 64%

Tower block, Salford, DJI Mini 2 @kvetner

comp2

Equal second with 58%

Volvo articulated dump trucks, Segro Logisitcs park, Northampton DJI Mini 2 @Acedrone

comp7

The Factory - Water Street Manchester, DJI Mini 2 @kvetner

Big thanks to all who participated and congratulations to our worthy winners.

And, looking at the stats behind the entries I must say: Putting your TOAL point (if it’s legitimate!) on Drone Scene really helps with the ranking of your entry :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I love that photo of all the dump trucks @Acedrone!

Many thanks to the organisers again, great competition!

2 Likes

Yes a big thanks to the organizers, these competitions have give me an excuse to go out and explore and keep me busy during this time of covid.
It has helped me a lot.
Thanks

2 Likes

68c34f30924602ea0c56dcc48676ba15

We are now moving at speed!

One competition just finished with great images! See above!

One competition running until 19th June - Still Water - enter here!

And voting for the subject of the competition from 20th June here!

2 Likes

Well done guys, great images :+1:

2 Likes

Some fantastic images guys :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like