Run cam bottom half of image is white

Managed to get the cinelog all connected to controller and goggles but when I look into the goggles I only get half a picture and the bottom half if white anyone come across this ???..

Also on updating the new vista I am running on 006 ending but noticed you can now upgrade to 008 has anyone done this and does it make any difference ???..

That’s a runcam wasp. You need the .0608, .0606 will give you half a screen…

4:3 and can’t change any settings. Tbh the wasp as good as a neb pro if you happy with 4:3 which I am on quads!

And if you want WTFOS (and if you dont then trust me you want it), root it on 0606 then update to 0608 and then shove WTFOS on. Otherwise you need to downgrade to 0606 then root then update and shove WTFOS on. Once a vista or the goggles are rooted you never need to root again.

All my vistas on 0608 rooted with WTFOS

Ok think I understand u saying a wasps is in 4.3 and my goggles are different hence I need to change them to to 4.3 ?? Or u saying I can’t change them ??..

And for WTFOS ?? Educate me as I have no Idea :man_shrugging:t3:

I’m not sure on the camera issue, sounds like you want .0608 either way.

WTFOS is a “fix” or “hack” to the DJI firmware to allow changes to be made. Once applied you can increase the power of the video signal and install add-ons that allow for things such as better On-Screen Display and custom fonts (easier to read / looks better).

WTFOS should be installed on your Goggles and Caddx unit. Check it out first before you apply.

FYI the increased video power setting is mostly just allowing you to use the full power of the unit. In the UK is restricted to much lower power settings by law.

Cheers Jason that’s cleared that up :+1:t3:

Im on 700 at the mo but do like the sound of add-ons, will increasing my signal strength not make the vista run hotter ???..

Ok just watched this and makes sense so Ill up grade to 08, but according to JB I dont have to upgrade my goggles.

Yes, the higher the power the hotter it will get. You shouldn’t though need to make too many avoiding actions until you reach 1 to 1.2 watts power, at this level you will want to start flying quickly after connecting the battery (or see the following idea). At your 700mW you should be fine without issue. You can set a channel to turn off and on the VTX unit via controller should you wish, this helps with how hot the unit gets and as mentioned higher power outputs will get very hot if not cooled during flight.

Not sure if there was a bit of miscommunication, when i said you need to install on both Goggles and Unit I meant WTFOS software not the caddx update.

Ok cheers for that I’ve never thought of upping my Mw is there anything in between 700 and 1000??

4.3 has nothing to do with it. When Runcam released the Wasp a new firmware was required. 0608 (0606 was the previous), all 0608 added was support for the runcam wasp so it didn’t only show half a screen! No you don’t need to update the goggles.

WTFOS gives proper OSD to the V2/V1 system, hack both the goggles and the vistas. Better with 4.4. betaflight though.

Just get the 0608 on there for now, and look into WTFOS. I’d never use the OG system (i.e. not O3) without it now.

TBH I don’t see a lot of difference, and you can do that without WTFOS, just another file on the vista/link (they are one and the same BTW) for it. Though if you do use WTFOS, then you don’t need to add the file for the 700 or 1w hacks, it’s built into a package for you.

Been looking on YT and didn’t realise you could do so much with your goggles, have you do the type C input thing with yours ???. Would be interested if you could do the type C out into a tablet or something ??.

Not sure Ill do the WTFOS hack as I wouldnt use what it offers you, but thinking about upgrading the fleet to 08, see how it goes with the cinelog first :+1:t3:

No, I’ve not tried USB video out tbh, semi interested, but… meh!

Well the main thing… You can actually have a functional OSD. i.e.

OK that’s a chroma version and iNav, but it’s the same in betaflight. You can actually put things onto the screen other than the few that DJI allows! Dunno how anyone manages without it TBH!

Oh a betaflight screenshot using:

Hmm ill think about it then TBH I really have that much on my screen Batt voltage what mode Im in .

Noy sure what else Id need ?.

Yeah tbh I have the busiest OSD on the planet… Guess only other nice thing it adds which I use (though only when in use), is the Vista’s temperature, useful for bench, etc.

Or just get Walksnail :wink:
Or HDZero

1 Like

Just update to 08 and all is great :+1:t3: so cheers for that 1 bud.

Did a couple more and had a quick look at what changes it had made and could only see I can now flick between 4.3 and 16.9.

Must say not sure if its my dodgy eye sight but 4.3 does seem better hence Im going to try all mine on it…

1 Like

Didn’t think the wasp would do 16:9 maybe it’s stretched. I use 4:3 on all my freestyle quads, and 16:9 on the planes and the O3

Why would he wanna downgrade?! :rofl::rofl: