Russel Square, London

So as far as I can tell, I am ‘allowed’ to fly my DJI Mini 2 around Russell Square and try and do a panoramic photo of the London skyline from there.

However, how anti-social is it going to be if I send it up at about 10 o’clock on a weekday morning? How much grief am I realistically going to get from the Linda Snells and officious fuzz of the world?

Thanks all

Hello! Can a Dji mavic mini drone be flown in Hampstead Heath park do you know?

3 Likes

Not a clue, sorry! Try it at 2am. The only people hanging around there at that time aren’t going to go running to the police anyhow!

1 Like

Hard hat, hi viz and clipboard.

When asked mutter something about “valuation” and “local authority”.

You’ll be fine.

5 Likes

You missed out “ecological survey” … they’re well supported. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Check the Drone Scene map - Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - View this shared location on Drone Scene!

2 Likes

Like I say, I know it’s legal to fly there. It’s more the likelihood of earache and general anti-social aspect I’m querying.

2 Likes

London is oe of those places that people tend to keep to themselves. I highly doubt you will get any bother unless you are flying too close to some famous persons bedroom window! :laughing:

2 Likes

Limited to 150m, London City Airport

Which has little relevance when we’re limited to 122m by the Drone Code. :wink:

3 Likes

I need to stop getting my feet and Meters mixed up :man_running: :joy:

3 Likes

Not until you’ve taken a couple of accidental pics from 400m, though. :wink:

j/k

The Drone Code says “400 ft (120m)” … which is actually 121.9m

UAS.OPEN.010 says “120 m” … which is actually 394.7 ft

Who’s right? There’s only one way to find out … FIGHT!

(I’ll get my coat!)

1 Like

121.92 … = 122 - I rounded up.

400ft is the actual limit (the CAA rounded down to 120m) … since altitude in feet are used internationally in aviation.

2 Likes

On here somewhere (this site), is a really useful bit of Anti-Karen paper, if you are worried. It states yuor drone is under the weight limit and therefore you can fly…I’ll see if I can find it. Um, what thread was it in guys? lol (i’m serious :/)

Fugdammint, I can’t remember the search words cos I now have anti-Karen in my head. I’ll make a cup of coffee, I’m sure it will come back.

1 Like

Were you referring to Good2Go?

1 Like

Yep, done that, thanks. It was the earache cobblers I was really thinking about and whether it’s worth the potential aggro.

1 Like

Remembered I saved them, that gave me the keywords I had forgotten.
In this thread there are docs (similar in nature to what @milkmanchris just posted, not so graphic-tastic though)

@firstadekit post

1 Like

But I thought it was 120m for Open Category flight now, due to them taking it out of the ANO, and instead making reference to the EU Implementing Regulation?

I wouldn’t say no to another 6ft :wink:

1 Like

I doubt anyone’s going to be measuring that accurately above the precise piece of ground from which the height is to be measured at any one time.

In any case - both are quoted as being equal, which they aren’t.