Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 5G

Afternoon All,

I have a chance of getting a good deal on either the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 5G or the same but the PLUS version.

Specs look fairly decent and have no doubt it will run the drone apps just fine, but I really wanted to know if anyone is using either and what their opinion is on useability with the MP2 or MP3 Pro ?

I need the bigger screen, as eyes are starting to fail, but dont want to move to the Tab, if its going to cause me other problems.

Many thanks

1 Like

Here’s a list of supported & recommended from DJI

I’ve not had first hand experience myself but just reading on a couple of DJI forums that, that tablet can be a bit of a hit & miss, some saying about the fly app freezing & some saying the screen not the brightest & or the screen can sometimes start to dim when in use,
Maybe someone else might come along & advise different who’s had first hand use with what you’ve asked above.

1 Like

I have seen that the brightness doesnt have the best of NITS as far as tablets go, think it was under 400. Might be a nice tablet, but prefer to speak to people who are using it.

I should have looked on the DJI forum before speaking :slight_smile: I was orginally going to go for the iPad Pro which has excellent Nits rating… But bit unformfortable about taking the Apple jump, not knowing whether DJI will still continue moving forward with the Fly app for IOS.

The Tab S9 has water resistance, just a thought, might help if using outside

Galaxy Tab S9, S9+ and S9 Ultra are rated as IP68. The included S Pen is also water and dust resistant with an IP68 rating. Consistent with the IP68 rating, water resistant in up to 5 feet of freshwater for up to 30 minutes

Thanks Yorkie9668. Its actually either the S8 or S8+ I was looking at… cant stretch to the S9 :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about a Hugerock X7

Only 7"… I have a 7" 2K screen which is amazing clarity, but just not big enough for my failing eyesight.

Plus heading into retirement in the next few months, so want to be using the drones a lot more than I have in the past, and the bigger screen will just be a lot better for me.

Thanks for highlighting, amazing nits on that device

Just a thought, I had the Tab S9 Ultra and never really used it so sold it on, and got the HONOR Pad 9 with keyboard case for only £299 it is brilliant and really fast

Just had a look at that, and yes looks a very attractive deal at the moment from Honor. Once I get home tonight I will do a deep dive on it.

Many thanks

1 Like