Samsung Phones with DJI GO 4 - S21 & S20 ranges

I’ve been checking different sites for information on compatibility of some Samsung cell phones with the DJI Go 4 App. I’ve found some sites that give the S21 & S20 ranges the green light, while other sites omit them from the compatible list. Has anyone experience, good or bad, of using any of the Samsung Galaxy S21 or S20 FE phones?

Dji has a web page on there site that shows you what tablets and phones will work with there drones but I bought a cheap ipad 4 mini one with small memory that no one wants because of the low memory, I paid a lot less that £ pounds and it’s great.

Like the other man, I normally use an ipad mini for my gen 1 Mavic pro but I do use my Samsung S20 with the dji fly app with my mini2.
However, I do have good quality data cables to connect the S20 (ultra) to either my laptop or my old blackberry. So, just for you, I’ve been experimenting.
First I downloaded the go 4 app and that was OK.
Then I tried connecting my S20 to the dji mavic controller using the micro usb port on the side of the controller. Nothing would persuade the 2 units to speak to each other.
Then I tried connecting from the large usb A port on the bottom of the dji controller to the usb C on the S20. Connected straight away and off I went.
Picture and data remained solid throughout. I went up 120m and out 500m and still had full signal.
Return to home worked and all the functions that I could think of were normal.
Only real down side that I can think of is that you can’t push the phone hard up against the bottom of the controller because that blocks the connector on the phone. So you have to fly with the phone only held by half of the dji controller arms but it stayed in fine, was comfy to handle and I sat at the picnic table throughout the flight to be on the safe side.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses. I have checked the DJI list but couldn’t find the Galaxy S20 or S21 phones listed.

The field research is very helpful and confirms what I had read but it’s good to know that a satisfactory connection can be made using the USB port.

@BFG48 Take a look here also for some more info

1 Like

Just checking, is it the DJI fly app you are looking

for compatibility or the older DJI G0 4?

Is anyone able to send a link for the DJI compatibility site for the Mini2? I had it a while ago, but it’s gone now. I’m resorting to the iPad Mini 5 as my (once) compatible iPhone SE no longer seems to have it!

1 Like

@Sparkyws thank you for that! I’ve bookmarked it now.

1 Like

Anything that will allow flying the Mavic Zoom with the S21 Ultra. I think I have the latest version of Go 4 but it doesn’t work.

Yep, just checked, I’m running 4.3.42