Samsung Tab A (2019) and DJI Fly app

Hi new member i have a question I recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 i was wanting to use a Samsung Tab A 2019 model but it does not have the dji fly app in the app store has anyone had the same problem and found a solution ? I would be grateful for any advice.
dave2

2 Likes

Welcome Dave2 the forum (see what I did there) have you tried downloading it from here through your device.

1 Like

Tab A will not run the DJI Fly app.

I had to upgrade to the Tab5Se

1 Like

Quote from some random site on the internet…

‘‘I use Galaxy Tab A (2019) Model T290, and it works perfectly well.’’

I’m guessing it depends on models?

Welcome @dave2, the reason not in play store because it’s not on the compatible list, so only way is from DJI.

I’ve read some get it working some don’t and depends if yours runs 64 bit or not. Tab A built in different country’s slightly different and processor could be a 32 bit, if it does work it probably sluggish according to others feedback.

Go here and install 64 bit checker and read up on what to be aware of if it’s not on the list.

https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/

2 Likes

UK Tabs won’t work, reliably if at all.
North American versions will due to different specs.

2 Likes

It won’t work on mine

I had a 2019 lte and the Wife’s WiFi version neither worked, fortunately cuz I got a 5Se!!

Cost me a kitchen refurb though, the Tab and Mini2!

Just as zicemanGreen Flyer has said its the prosessor and set up that is the problem. I had the same issue so invested in the Litchi app for the tab to run one of my Mini’s and works fine. Good excuse to try something new BobW

2 Likes

It would be If Litchi was available yet for the Mini 2 :crazy_face: lol

Hi Dave here thank you all for your helpful comments think i may have solved the problem i downloaded the dji fly app from dji site and i have just tested in the garden and seems to be working ok will give it a better test when the weather improves.
so once again thank you all for your help.
dave2

1 Like

That’s great news for you! Can you list the actual Samsung model number might be useful.

2 Likes

Great to hear, happy flying :grinning:

Sorry the link list was so long I forgot he had a Mini 2 sorry

1 Like

Update on mini 2 Samsung tab finally tested in open fields behind house took it upto 20 Mt’s screen started flickering flew it away from me for 60 mts screen went blank and drone landed pressed rth button no response luckily I could see where it landed and after 5 minutes search found it returned to home uninstall the app and downloaded again but red message appeared Not suitable for this device. Connected to my phone worked perfectly so its goodbye to Samsung Tab.
Thanks again for your advice
Dave2

Thanks David for posting your findings as it helps others and confirms what I thought and said.

Your very lucky, I wonder did you actually have it set up in settings to RTH or land on disconnection ?

Hope you find a good device, check its 100% 64 bit with 2+ ram

Goodluck mate

Hi yes had it set to RTH and yes I was very lucky

Thanks

Dave2

1 Like

Hi David I run my mini 2 with an s5e and works fine apart from maps ,for this I create a hot spot with phone and pair tablet to phone , as dji fly uses live maps ,
It works faultlessly with a 128g version

Thanks Ali I will look into that.
dave2

Hi Ali just checked my Tab A model number is SM-T290 so hope this helps others who are thinking of buying to use with the Mini 2 it’s not compatible.
Cheers
dave

1 Like