Sandbanks Ferry - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

There is another marker on Sandbanks, but doesn't give a good location as the area pinpointed is residential. For the benefit of anyone looking via Dronescene I have opted to pinpoint the ferry.

From this location you will see a lot of vessels and have a good view of Brownsea Island.

I opted for the foreshore by 1 Ferry Way which is a car park. This has parking for one hour for £1.20 or £1.40 via the Just Park app.

You can also park on the local roads via meters. There is access to the beach via Midway Path 300m to the west. If you are disabled then street parking is free, but the car parks are not as it is a different council.

The ferry is very busy, however if the traffic is queuing use the right hand lane then cut in front of the queue and use the right lane to access the car park. You do not need to queue. There are yellow hash markings to facilitate this manoeuvre. Note you cannot join the ferry from the car park without joining the queue!

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/08/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like