Seahouses Gun Powder Store

Set out on the rocks close to Seahouses Point in the Northumberland coast area of outstanding natural beauty, the Powder House was built in 1886 to store the gunpowder that was used in blasting for the construction of the Long Pier and the New Harbour. Its isolated location on the rocks was for safety reasons, in the event of an accidental explosion. The Powder House is a small structure, built of sandstone with a distinctive barrel vaulted roof.

3 Likes

Some great posts recently @m2bfx :smiley:

Please add some of these to our interactive map if you don’t mind :blush:

How do you add a URL for a still image @PingSpike
Cheers

Just paste a URL on to a blank line in any post Barry.

If it can, the forum software will then automatically embed the picture :+1:

Where do you store these images to share
Sorry but i am crap at stuff like this
B

You can drag an image to where you’re typing and it will upload and display there.
Or, if you’re on your phone and can’t drag, there’s an upload button bottom right of the typing window, and you can then find the image on your phone. It will upload and display.

Sorry Barry, I’m slightly confused as you’ve shared loads of pictures with us in the past, including one at the top of this very thread :blush:

Sorry mate
On the Dronescene web site it asks for video using youtube which is fine, but for a still image it needs a URL
All of my videos are stored on my external drive which mounts onto the desktop. I presume I need to store images with Google pix, Facebook, or flickr. which I dont have accounts for. then link the URL from this point.
Cheers
B

Oh I seeeeee!

I thought you meant this web site :smiley:

Alas, the Drone Scene web site doesn’t have any upload functions so yes, you need to copy and paste a URL for a photo or video from a web site that you’ve already uploaded the media to :+1:

1 Like

Tried to add two by doing the URL in Google …can you remove these please as it didnt work …

Removed!

Sorry Barry, not sure what’s happening there :frowning_face:

1 Like