Second try with DD

I KNOW I said I wouldn’t, but after a month of trying to find a Mavic Pro for anywhere near DD’s prices, I gave in and ordered another one. Surely I couldn’t be so unlucky as to get 2 faulty ones, I told myself, and at least I know the returns process now. I just REALLY wanted one!!

The box was battered and there was a hole in one end so I got the delivery man to photograph it just in case…but thankfully this one seems to be working! I have got to sort my settings out and such, but so far so good.

The major difference with this one, was there were stickers and wrapping on everything, and leaflets (quick start guide) which were missing on the first, even though it was in a sealed box.

I have one question, I bought some PYGTECH landing gear extensions but I read that there are antennae in the landing gear. Will I be blocking anything by using them?

Anyway, nice to be posting about my Mavic :grinning:

Andy

2 Likes

Andy, I sympathise. You may have seen, I’ve been dealing with DD recently and have had a few issues.
What I don’t understand is that they seem to have really good feedback on Trust Pilot, yet there’s lots of feedback to the contrary here.
Once bitten, twice shy, as they say! Hope your Mavic is good.

3 Likes

Trustpilot is a scam.

Businesses who pay between £150 and £500 a month can remove negative reviews for the most trivial reasons.

The businesses with low ratings are generally the ones who dont pay trust pilot.

Stopped trusting them years ago.

3 Likes

I left a scathing review on Trustpilot, I will go and check it is still there! DD has excellent prices and are fantastically helpful when you are buying something. Its a shame they have absolutely no aftersales customer care, otherwise they would be great. They just avoid you once they have your cash. Fingers crossed anyway!

Woah! I didn’t realise that. I thought they were actually trustworthy. Who can you trust these days?

2 Likes

You can implicitly trust nearly every business … to take your money. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, my review on Trustpilot is still up. I broke my word though, I said I wouldn’t touch DD again, but nobody else seemed to have the Mavic Pro Platinum FMC in stock except for a few that were about £250 extra, so I gave in. I hope I dont regret it!

Thanks @ash2020 I feel like I am a traitor to myself for giving in, but I have been saving up for this for a year and really wanted one!

Andy

I left them a 1 star review as well when they messed me about with original MP.

Got an email from Trustpilot stating drones direct didnt recognise me as a customer even though review had my order number. I could jump through hoops to prove I made a purchase otherwise the review would be removed.

I was busy and couldnt be bothered with the hassle. I’m guessing it’s like that for a lot of people.

@callum, I didnt have that problem, and DD actually answered me, apologising for my return not being handled as fast as I would have liked, leading to my cancelling my order. I edited my review with an update thanking them for replying, but said I cancelled nothing, and explained what DID happen. They have not replied since!

Andy

1 Like

To answer the original question, I’ve used the leg extensions on my M2Z without any issues.

1 Like

@kvetner - thanks, I thought nobody was going to notice the question hidden in there!

Andy