Seilebost and Luskentyre Beaches, Isle of Harris - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

If you get the weather - and we did - then the Isles of Lewis and Harris are among the most beautiful places in the world, and the beaches of Luskentyre and Seilebost are truly outstanding.

Park at the Old School Car Park - free - and walk to the beach - beware Ticks as the fields are sheep infested.

Log ranging views, which I don’t feel I did particular justice to as we were with friends and I didn’t want to delay folks too much, I need to return here for a longer stay.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

10 Likes

I’ve flown here too @AlbionDrones :grin:

the four beaches are Nisabost Beach, Horgabost beach(camp site) , Seilebost, and Luskentyre Beach.
Between horgabost camp site and seilebost road side there is a parking bay which is a great take off and landing spot for flying to seilebost and horgabost .look for this sign and fly from there

1 Like

I want to fly here @AlbionDrones, have you got any tips or advice on where to take off from?

1 Like

Yup, park up at the listed car park and walk to the beach, fly from there or the top of the dunes…

Alternatively fly from the layby a little further down the road…

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes

Yvw, have a great trip, lewis and Harris are stunning… Make sure to visit Dun Caroloway Brock, Callanish Stone Circle, and go off the beaten track… There is loads more to fly that I wanted to do, but with only 1 night it wasn’t possible…
I need to go back again for a longer stay…

1 Like

You are right, Harris is stunning. We were there for a week last August but I didn’t have a drone then. We are planning on going back.

1 Like

This tip we had only one day, one night, arriving at 1200 on Tuesday and leaving at 1600 on Wednesday, in mid-October, we were so lucky with the weather, I managed to fly both days, capturing the beaches of Luskentyre and Seilebost, then Callanish on both days - the second for sunrise, then Callanish 2 and 3, and Dun Carloway Broch… So much more we could have done, but no time…

I want to go back for a week - we did a 3-night break there a few years ago, just after midsummer, but the wind was 50mph for 2 of the 3 days, and raining too…