Sell a Mavic Pro and buy a Mini 2

Hello all,
I’m thinking of selling my Mavic Pro Platinum and buying a Mini 2 with a view of selling that later when the new classification drones eventually come available.
I’m a member of FVPUK so got the Article16 usage and currently doing the A2CofC.
Would anyone recommend that move?
Would I miss things that the Pro is capable of that maybe the Mini 2 can’t do?
Or is there anything the Mini 2 can do that the Pro can’t?
Or will the fact that you can fly the Mini 2 nearly anywhere be the determining factor in this?
Sorry if this question has been floated about elsewhere, any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi there
I too had this conundrum.
I have the Mp2 and really enjoyed flying it until the new restrictions.
I have just last week purchased the new Dji Mini 2 and am really enjoying it despite being grounded this week due bad weather.
Obviously it’s no Mp2 ,but I am very impressed with it the few times I have flown it.
Video and photos are very good ,it flys like a dream, and handles the wind remarkably well for the size of it.
I am not sure if I will fly the Mp2 again due to needing to take the course, which I am not sure I can be bothered with ,only for them to move the goalposts again in a few years time.
I can pretty much fly the mini 2 anywhere I please, which takes the stress out of it all.
I say go for it ,you won’t regret it ,I got the flymore package.
I hope you come to the right desicion for you.

5 Likes

I have the pro and mini 2 I’m not selling my pro but i can see why you would with the new restrictions. I have the A2 cofc and yeah even with it won’t get to where a mini can only down to 30m and no uninvolved people makes it hard.
I can see myself using the mini more but for me I’ll hold on too it. So i too say go for the mini 2.

1 Like

Was in the same situation. Decided to keep the MP1 because you can changes it’s parameters. It’s not affected by DJI NFZs. If those don’t matter to you, I’d probably sell as their prices are dropping.

I’m keeping my Mavic 2 Pro to fly in open areas and I bought the Mini 2 for flying in areas where heavier drones can’t be flown. If you don’t need to sell the Platinum to buy the Mini 2 I’d keep both.

3 Likes

I would second that as that’s exactly what I am doing , I love the M2P and nothing comes close to it but I am enjoying the mini 2 as you say for the places the M2P cannot or in time will not be able to go legally.

2 Likes