Sharpthorne Tunnel, Bluebell Railway

Steam and smoke issuing from the tunnel mouth several minutes after a train has passed. At 731 yards long the tunnel is the longest on a privately owned UK heritage railway - in this case the Bluebell Railway Preservation Society.'s 11 mile line in West Sussex

8 Likes

Hey Mac

Interesting 360 virtual aspect.

Did you do this with the camera on you drone and kuula or are you using another camera.

Just trying to understand if its possible to duplicate with my MP2

Cheers

Easy to do with the MP2. It does all the work for you

The shot was taken with a Mavic Air being flown using Litchi on IoS.

So it is a not as automated as MP" / DJIGO4, Set Litchi to Pano and fly as normal. When in position hit the Pano start button and it will take 23 pictures for you. Once uploaded onto your PC import the pix in Microsoft Image Composite Editor (MICE - it’s free)

MICE normally does a good job of the stitching and you end up with an image wider than the 16384 pixels and shorter than the 8192 pixels that is the maximum size Kuula can accommodate.

So, in an editor of your choice, scale the image width and height until the width is 16384 pixels. Create a blank image 16384x8192 and add your pano imqage as a new layer. Alingn to the bottom edge. You now have a correctly sized image with a large part of the sky missing. Fill that area by cloning or pasting in a sky image do the rest of the image adjustments and post to Kuula.

MICE was the main reason for having to put a Windoze machine together. My Linux workstations didn’t seem to rumn MICE that well. Hugin is a panorama creator that is platform independent but I find it hard to understand, let alone use.

They used to laugh at my 360s until I got the Milkman Chris Infill Files

Well worth getting - good variety, nicely done and free!

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply

I may park that until I am feeling a little sharper