Should I be concerned

So I went flying. My spark hit something flies I think. I’ve cleaned it up but should I be concerned that something might have been sucked in.

1 Like

Bloody hell…

Not very helpful lol

Is anyone going reassure me or not

Reminds me of when I sliced my leg open starting up with the props on inside the house.
Never again
I would give it a good once over and if all looks ok, get back out, but try and miss the flies in future

I know you told me earlier lol. Hope you were ok

But should I be concerned about little sparky’s Internal components

I ran into a swarm of wasps last summer, the Mavic Air came off best !.
The garden grass looked like “Waspaggeddon”.
I should add the Air was no worse for wear, other than a good clean up.
The buzz of the drone does seem to attract them !.
Just check carefully around the gimbal, remove anything carefully with plastic tweezers.

3 Likes

Well I cleaned it and let it hover in the house for a few seconds and it seemed fine.

Picture of how it looks now cleaned up

7 Likes

I always spend 10 minutes when I get home cleaning my drone and the props carefully.
And a careful inspection for chipped, or damaged props is always the safe way to go.
Always held me in good stead for the last 6 years I have been flying drones.

3 Likes

Hope nobody decided to walk barefoot on your lawn for a while,think someone may have got stung…just a thought…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you open up your air?

I guess you bought the “More Fly” combo, rather than the “Fly More” combo? :wink:

2 Likes

I probably wouldn’t be to concerned. Its not a jet engine and the turbine probably wouldn’t have sucked anything in. if anything there’s a small fan cooling either the CPU or heatsink. It may be worth your while getting an “Air Duster” and blowing through the vents. This would help remove any internal build-up of dust.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/726157907?iid=312346824256

1 Like

Indeed - being less flippant - I wouldn’t worry.

For whatever reasons, the cooling fan on my MP failed a few months back, and I had to replace. Despite all the horror stories associated with not using a landing pad and “the fan clogging up with shit”, I’ve neve used one and the fan and internals showed no signs of anything getting into the MP after over 2 years of regular use. (Photos of stripdown.)

I think most “bugs”, etc, will have been blown past the fan intake by prop-wash.

1 Like

Thank you

Nope, I had no reason to, it was/is flying fine, and has done for the last year.