Should I buy a DJI Mini 2?

Nice one Phil, you won’t regret it :+1:t2:

Definitely get one.

Even if you end up with something bigger and posher you will always have a use for the Mini 2.

Lewis

@Lewis - Yeah I got one this afternoon. Not opened the box yet, been busy with other things

I already have a M2P, which I will keep for more serious stuff and where I know I won’t get bothered, early mornings are good for getting some good videos, great light as well get the sunrise and see the orange glow it gives things.

Whilst the Mini 2 may not be the best for photography with camera raw and better control of Gimbal etc it should be an improvement if used correctly over the Mini 1 . I managed to get these Panoramas with my Mini 1 and now have the Mini 2, I like others reccomend buying it for its size features and ability to fly with less restrictions. https://youpic.com/image/17716479

1 Like

Had my first flights today with a newly arrived Mini 2. WOW!!!
Just like his big brother M2P.
Very impressed with the video output.
Well pleased with performance and so just quiet. :smile:

3 Likes

I’m harking back to just prior to digital stuff when 35mm was ok for sports photographers with expensive lenses and such like, but really professional model shots were taken with medium format, usually Hassleblad, and all the associated lighting, light is everything, and that’s why the larger sensors will trump smaller ones.

2 Likes

And nothing is better for taking photos than a good eye.

2 Likes

Tried setting up DJI Fly, but I can’t find the app, I have a Samsung S10+ and a ZTE B2017G, no sign of the app on either of them. I got it on my Samsung Tab S without a problem but I don’t have a cable long enough to reach.

Anyone any ideas about why I can’t find the app, is it possible to download the apk file?

https://www.dji.com/uk/dji-fly#download

It has compatibility at the bottom of the page and if you load from your mobile it should load straight to the google store

2 Likes

@milkmanchris - Very true, framing a shot and getting the light right are what comes when you have a good eye.

@its.steves.shots - Thanks for that, downloaded and installed on phone, but haven’t flown with it yet, will give it a go tomorrow as long as the weather is ok.

1 Like

I have a Samsung s10 5G and no problems getting it on there , google play store

The DJI Fly app hasn’t been updated on the Google Play Store for quite some time now, DJI only offer direct downloads.

Details in this other thread: DJI Fly - App updates and download links - #174 by PingSpike

3 Likes

@ scottydog - Tried on Play Store nothing there.

@PingSpike - Steve above gave me a link for the download, so installed it late last night but haven’t tried flying it yet, will have a go later on today.

I’ll let you know how I get on with it, won’t be going far though. Might try some squares and circles etc, for the A2 CofC.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys, I’m sure it’s a buy I won’t regret.

1 Like

I’d never flown before, and got the mini 2.

Odnce you get past the I’m going to lose this as it’s so tiny stage, it’s a great little flyer, does most of the hard work. Let us know how you get on today!