Should I get DJI Care Refresh+?

I’m wondering if I should get the DJI Care Refresh+ ‘Insurance’ for my Mini 2. It’s £35, so not over-priced but I have also looked online and there’s plenty of parts. Or would anyone recommend any other insurance? Is the one from DJI worth it?

3 Likes

Yes

Definitely

2 Likes

Yes, for a hassle free replacement.

1 Like

There is other insurance available but as I have care refresh I can’t comment on them.
But I can tell you that the service from care refresh is first class. I crashed my mini 2 while flying inside a factory without prop guards, I managed to hit a piece of steel pipe and down she went from 30ft or so. Cracked top and bottom covers, cracked lens on camera and smashed gimble. After starting the process online I dropped the drone off next day at collection point. They gave me the option of having them repair it for a cost of just over 700 quid, or use the insurance after paying the 45 quid excess or whatever it is. 9 days later I had a replacement in my hands.
So I for one would certainly recommend it.

5 Likes

Wowser double the price of a new one ?

Back to the OP, first year deffo

1 Like

Absolutely!

Yip, I couldn’t believe it when I got the quote. Have to admit I almost soiled myself until until I saw the option to use the care refresh

As Chris @milkmanchris says, most definitely required in the first year.

I still renew it annually for peace of mind, especially since I have claimed twice. The first because of damage due to reversing into a tree (thanks to Quickshots), the second due to a flyaway. Both claims saw a replacement delivered in 2-3 days with no questions asked.

Other insurance deals are out there, but none as quick and easy as DJI Care Refresh.

2 Likes

Gonna get it sorted today after work. Everyone’s super helpful.

1 Like

Just here to add my ‘yep’ to the pile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely. Got my first drone, also a DJI Mini 2, last September, a family present and my wife took out DJI Care. Wind gust blew it into a tree 6 weeks later, snapped a strut, DJI replaced it immediately with no quibble.

2 Likes

51 weeks ago, I chose not to renew my Care Refresh on my Air 2 since I wasn’t flying it much during the pandemic anyway. Thursday, my drone flew into and then fell out of a tree, breaking gimbal & legs. (It was a quickshot, so I can honestly not say ‘I flew it into a tree.’) It would’ve had a week left on the Care Refresh if I’d renewed back then. Now, I have a replacement 2S that just arrived, so it’s not without its silver lining, but that silver is at quite a markup.

Get the Care Refresh.

ETA: Yes, I immediately got the full two years for the new 2S.

3 Likes

Only twice? :joy: :joy:

Once DJI’s fault, the other most definitely my fault :grimacing: