Should I get DJI Care Refresh+?

I’m wondering if I should get the DJI Care Refresh+ ‘Insurance’ for my Mini 2. It’s £35, so not over-priced but I have also looked online and there’s plenty of parts. Or would anyone recommend any other insurance? Is the one from DJI worth it?

3 Likes

Yes

Definitely

2 Likes

Yes, for a hassle free replacement.

1 Like

There is other insurance available but as I have care refresh I can’t comment on them.
But I can tell you that the service from care refresh is first class. I crashed my mini 2 while flying inside a factory without prop guards, I managed to hit a piece of steel pipe and down she went from 30ft or so. Cracked top and bottom covers, cracked lens on camera and smashed gimble. After starting the process online I dropped the drone off next day at collection point. They gave me the option of having them repair it for a cost of just over 700 quid, or use the insurance after paying the 45 quid excess or whatever it is. 9 days later I had a replacement in my hands.
So I for one would certainly recommend it.

5 Likes

Wowser double the price of a new one ?

Back to the OP, first year deffo

1 Like

Absolutely!

Yip, I couldn’t believe it when I got the quote. Have to admit I almost soiled myself until until I saw the option to use the care refresh

As Chris @milkmanchris says, most definitely required in the first year.

I still renew it annually for peace of mind, especially since I have claimed twice. The first because of damage due to reversing into a tree (thanks to Quickshots), the second due to a flyaway. Both claims saw a replacement delivered in 2-3 days with no questions asked.

Other insurance deals are out there, but none as quick and easy as DJI Care Refresh.

2 Likes

Gonna get it sorted today after work. Everyone’s super helpful.

1 Like

Just here to add my ‘yep’ to the pile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely. Got my first drone, also a DJI Mini 2, last September, a family present and my wife took out DJI Care. Wind gust blew it into a tree 6 weeks later, snapped a strut, DJI replaced it immediately with no quibble.

2 Likes

51 weeks ago, I chose not to renew my Care Refresh on my Air 2 since I wasn’t flying it much during the pandemic anyway. Thursday, my drone flew into and then fell out of a tree, breaking gimbal & legs. (It was a quickshot, so I can honestly not say ‘I flew it into a tree.’) It would’ve had a week left on the Care Refresh if I’d renewed back then. Now, I have a replacement 2S that just arrived, so it’s not without its silver lining, but that silver is at quite a markup.

Get the Care Refresh.

ETA: Yes, I immediately got the full two years for the new 2S.

3 Likes

Only twice? :joy: :joy:

Once DJI’s fault, the other most definitely my fault :grimacing:

Does anyone know how the care and refresh from DJI works with the new RC , as in do you buy 1 care and refresh for the drone and a separate one for the RC , the RC comes with the drone and flymore so wondering if it’s all in 1 care and refresh package or if I need to get one for each ?

As far as I’m aware it’s the one care refresh for the said drone, unless anything has changed I’m not aware of.
Just literally the care refresh option.
1 or 2 years

Buy DJI Care Refresh 1-Year Plan (DJI Air 3) - DJI Store
Shop for DJI Care Refresh 1-Year Plan (DJI Air 3) on the official DJI Online Store. Find great deals and buy DJI products online with quick and convenient delivery!

1 Like

I purchased Care Refresh for my Mini 2 just over a year ago, and it shows that the drone and the controller are linked to the scheme. I think as long as its the controller that’s sold with the drone, its automatically included

@scottydog

Care Refresh is just for the drone

The warranty covers the Drone and controller

If you want it for 3-year, then you MUST purchase the 2-year and when its due to expire you can add an extra year

I took out CR for my Mini 3 Pro last December. Sold it a week or so ago, and unlinked the drone from my account. Yesterday I had 2 emails from DJI saying my refund has been approved, and today I had a phone call from a young lady in CalifornIA, saying the same and that it would be in my account later today. It is!
I didn’t ask for a refund, in fact I told the new owner that it was covered with Care Refresh, have they changed the way it works with selling your drone?

Although the RC is not covered for accidental damage taking the 2Yr option extends its warranty cover. After all your hardly going to lose it in a fly away or ditch it in the sea. :grin:

1 Like