Skye Museum of Island Life - Added to Historic Buildings in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

A set of blackhouses run as the museum, with great views over the Minch to Lewis and Harris.

Probably not a site to fly while the museum is open, but out of season or out of hours it is ok.

TOAL from the layby / car park and watch out for the power lines. It is an exposed site so also watch the wind…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 22/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

It looks like the system should spit out your next badge over the next 24hrs, or so …

1 Like

Coolio, thanks :slight_smile:

I have another location or two fomr the trip till to add - just in case it doesnt send me the badge - always have a back up plan :slight_smile:

It’s looking very shiny. :clap:

1 Like

Thanks… Now what do I do? No more map pin badges available - yet…

1 Like

I’m sure that, as you near 500 pins, something will materialise to address that. Who knows. :wink:

500? Bleedin eck! Thought the next would be 200! Ah well, best get started - onky trouble is I’m not sure I know anotgher 400 places to fly that I havent already done or someone else hasnt already pinned…

1 Like

I was plucking 500 from the air. There are no specific plans. :rofl:

We’re also running out of more precious metals and gemstones for their title. :scream:

We never anticipated such dedicated pin posters that 100 would be reached.

Lol, yeah, I was thinking there wasn’t much to go beyond Diamond tbh… Maybe we go into Carats, so Double diamond would be 2 carrat diamond? Just a thought / suggestion…

As to didnt think folks would be that dedicated, shh, its my ADHD / ASD traits, have to log everything, and collect all the badges, just got to be done :wink:

And besides, I am not the first, but 2nd person to reach 100 pins…

Just working on how to convince hubby I need 2 more drones so I can get the fleet op badge next :wink:

Hence plural. :wink:

Diamond encrusted Unobtanium perhaps? You just need invent a drone with enough range to get to Pandora.

Nice video Suzanne, would be a great promotional piece for them, you should get in touch with their admin

1 Like

Perhaps the next one should be at 2,000 pins, then? :rofl:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like