Sliema, Malta

Hi all,

Currently travelling around Malta and Gozo taking lots of drone shots for our travel agency business RIA Select Travel (feel free to join our Facebook page). Here is some taken overhead Sliema, Malta opposite Maltas capital Valletta.

(Authorisation approved by Transport Malta with insurance)

6 Likes

Nice pics.
With your authorisation requests where they authorized immediately or did you have to wait a few days?

Nice to see one of the houses we lived in [in the 70’s & 80’s] from the air …

And a similar query to @toke as I requested permission for a Comino flight back in August 2023 (via their website) and am still waiting for a response :rofl:

Also, for those that don’t know Malta, then the first image is of Manoel Island, Gzira and Ta’xbiex as Sliema at this stage is behind the lens.

Hi toke,

Thanks. I complete the flight submission on Transport Malta Drone section of their site after logging in, and after selecting all the applicable options, aswell as circling on the map where you will be flying, it will either automatically be approved and the authorisation can be downloaded immediately or will need ‘further coordination required’ if it cant be authorised immediately. All flights I have conducted have been authorised automatically in their system and can fly at the time specificed in the submission form.

Hope that helps

Tom

Also have a look at : Flying in Malta for more info.

Thanks for the info Tom.

I’ve already logged a load of flights on there today and they got approved immediately. But it looks like the weather might play a part in not flying on those days (looks like I’m headed out on the only week it rains :joy:) I have the wetsuit on it but would rather fly in dry weather. Only ones I’m weary about is near the blue grotto area and up to the left side where it’s restricted part the way due to the airport. Will have to see on the day if they get approved.

1 Like