Smardale Gill Viaduct - Added to Bridges in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Nice little walk with 2 viaducts to film or photograph, note this is a wildlife conservation area but i think it's more to do with plants as it's ancient woodland.
you can park at grid 54.469981, -2.398293 what 3 words ///segmented.commuted.care and then it's a leisurely walk to the viaducts and you will pass Smardale Hall which is an interesting building

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/05/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

I want to fly here @stevesb, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

1 Like

Hi bill I’ve added the markers, there was a grid reference in the description as at the time there wasn’t the facility to add TOAL marker and parking markers. it is a bit of a walk but easy as it is fairly level due to it being an old railway and at the time of my trip it was well maintained and firm underfoot.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure I’ve selected correct viaduct - there appear to be 2 others Merrygill & Podsgill which are to the east of Kirkby Stephen

Thank you for information