Snake Pass / Ladybower Reservoir

A few pics from a cross-country drive today.

22 Likes

beautiful photos, this is on my wishlist of places to go with my camera and drone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of the area is either controlled by the Peak District National Park authority, whose byelaws forbid flying drones; or by National Trust, who claim their byelaws do the same. The water authority who own Ladybower don’t allow drones.

But … I was standing literally 10 feet away from a National Trust “no drones” sign while taking some of these photos. I’ve flown from within the PDNP land before and also from the water authority’s land. There are plenty of spots which are suitable for flying if a bit of common sense is applied.

4 Likes

Some really nice shots there @kvetner

1 Like

Excellent pictures. Well done…

1 Like

Hi I really like the images nice work. You dont happen to live in Glossop do you.

Kind Regards richard

Nope, nowhere near it. Just a happy occasional user of Snake Pass :laughing:

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. It’s just that my wifes sister and her husband live in Glossop and we are going there on Wednesday walking for a week and I have just bought the DJI mini 3 pro
I thought if you were around I might get some tips from you as you obviously know quite a bit about drones.

I really liked the photos you took over the reservoir

Richard.

All of these were taken from roadside lay-bys, generally taking off from the roof of the car. One or two of the lay-bys have overhanging trees, but that’s the only significant hazard.