So... what's on your bench at the moment?

Who’s brand is it Lance? :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s Eachine

One of my Eachine Nano V3 did that as well… but it was because a DumbAss and wired it to bat voltage and it needed 5V… It was replacing the VTX on a quad that was already wired up and I couldn’t see the silk screen on the pad.

I do now have two of those Eachine Nano V3s in quads and they’re really good.

I’ve got the same one in the racing wing which is almost ready too but I just don’t want to start pulling it out, although tempted to test the camera declination is correct.

The other camera from Karl needs a mount printing so I’ll just get on with that for now.

I’ve got so many projects on the go so I need to have a bit of discipline :confused: and get some of the part built stuff finished
This is a 780mm TBS Discovery I started about three or four years ago. I’ve pinched the Cube Orange controller out of it for a large wing so put in a spare Matek F722SE with iNav

I don’t believe INAV was ever concieved for anything bigger than 7” props so it’s going to be interesting to see how the default tune works out.
If it’s total crap and unworkable I’ll move it over to Arducopter

5 Likes

Just completed. Zohd Nano Talon Evo with iNav 4.1.0 and FPV.
It only arrived yesterday.
Some of the parts I just transferred directly over from the wreckage…

One of my old 2.2Ah 3S batteries I used to use in my boat actually sets the CoG perfectly.

A single 3D printed part (a ring) was needed to mount the camera in the nose. Though I did have to cut away a very small amount of polystyrene to get the camera in.

2 Likes

Nice tidy build Rich, look forward to see it fly :+1:

1 Like

It really was pretty easy. So much space! There’s another cavity underneath where the ESC and VTX are mounted.

I just hope I have iNav completely configured correctly. It seemed almost too easy.

The main things I look out for are, RTH settings, autolaunch, max pitch & roll and OSD
If you are interested I’ve got a file with my ‘wing’ settings which I use as a starting point.

I’ve set RTH up and OSD… max pitch and roll?

Do you mean servo positions or something else?

Autolaunch I’ve not touched.

max inclination angles etc. for angle and navigation modes.

1 Like

Could you send it me please?

OSD uses view 1 and view 2, default is kept for auto ‘failsafe’ view

Generic Wing iNav 4.0 configs.txt (15.6 KB)

1 Like

Everything connected, no magic smoke this time, luckily I found a spare Vtx in the drawer having already ordered two from Bgood. Maiden tomorrow or over the weekend.

I’ve got glued until it’s proven then I’ll look at cutting the cables to the correct lengths.

2 Likes

A fairly major repair to something really small.
Original UZ65 AIO board died… only a single LED came on when starting up.
Bought a HappyModel Diamond F4 AIO to replace it (from the moblite series), but it wouldn’t fit the UZ65 frame as it was too wide.
Luckily I had a spare Mobula6 frame so I used that. Canopy, camera and motors are from the UZ65.

I soldered the motors and then built it. It was late and I thought I may as well just try to fly it and, unbelievably, it flew perfect straight away. I didn’t have to alter motor direction at all. That’ll never happen again!

Then last night I was flying the drone around the pub where the R/C club meets… rather surprising the other customers, but they didn’t mind. It was quite quiet.

Its a little bit lighter than it was before since the VTX is actually built into the AIO board, unlike on the UZ65.

Replaced the lens on my Gecko’s Foxeer Mix camera after it was whacked against a wall at the weekend, by you-know-who… :wink:

It’s an old one and Foxeer are not helpful with specs. None of my other similar lenses would focus in the camera. Eventually I found this wonderful Russian video which said a lens from a Runcam Eagle 2 Pro or Micro Eagle would fit… (including typical Russian folk music)

I managed to find some on quadcopters.co.uk and one just arrived.

It works great, though it’s a tight fit in the titanium cage and the lens cover will never go on it! None of the cage is in shot despite how it looks.

1 Like

On the bench this morning has been my long overdue Tricopter build.

Overdue because Hobbyking would not ship the recommended motors from the EU warehouse to the UK (blame BREXIT), and they wanted over £100 to ship from the CH warehouse. Thankfully I managed to find a UK supplier, who were cheaper than Hobbyking.

To fit the two front motors the arms needed to be drilled first. I also had to obtain some extensions so the motor wires would reach the centre of the fuselage.

The motors are 2830 size 1000kv, turning 10x5 slow fly props. This allows for the use of both 3s and 4s packs.

I’ve gone with a KK2 flight controller because these are actually very good with tricopter configs, and I wanted to maintain the “Ol’Skool” vibe.

To finish I just need to install the ESC’s and PDB.

5 Likes

Picked up the ‘Snapshot’ frame from DroneCo Productions.

2.5" cinewhoop frame - should be a straight swap for all the parts in my BetaFPV 95x v3

Lovely frame, much easier to work with than the nasty plastic thing from BetaFPV and will be much easier to upgrade to HD with proper board mounting points and so on.

Just a quick mod the other day. To power your Hdzero and goggles, there are 2 separate barrel connectors needed. You can use a lipo with a barrel connector for the goggles and a balance lead adaptor for the vrx. Mine failed.
You can also use the long supplied cable with a bec inside. It has 2 barrel connectors. Mine failed.

I opened up my hdo2 and soldered a good barrel connector to the goggles supply input. Drilled a small hole and fitted a rubber grommet.

This way, I can power both units with the 1 lipo. See how long this lasts I suppose

5 Likes

Very tidy install :wave:

1 Like