So... what's on your bench at the moment?

…on my ‘rectification’ bench at the moment

On my new Source One build, I dropped a bollock :scream:
Fitted the crossfire receiver under the top plate which of course is were the battery strap goes … duh…

However a bit of Sketchup and 3D printing got me this platform which lowers the receiver and gives me a 3mm clear gap for the battery strap.

Job Done :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ready for tomorrow?

Yes. Yes. Yes :ok_hand::ok_hand:

One kiss badger ready for some config… hoping to maiden it this week

2 Likes

Could call it TB for short.

Hi James, does a 250 need much configing or are the Betaflight defaults pretty flyable?
Cheers Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

The defaults are fine for starting out. You will need to setup your mode switches for arm etc but yea the defaults will fly fine on most frames. You will like get a little fluttering on hard turns till you tune them out.

Thanks James @anon34183503
Karl @notveryprettyboy tried my Sonic One for me yesterday but it seemed so responsive we thought the rates were way off.
I’ll stick it back on configurator to see if I’ve done something stupid

Got any flight footage or black box logs

1 Like

The accelerometer needs calibrating as it was drifting a lot in angle. Rates are personal though. Mine are about 600 deg/s with some expo to smooth out the bottom end.
These are my rates… (James’s are somewhat higher I believe). Its down to taste. I just recently upped the rc rate to take it from 550 to 600, and it felt better for me.

1 Like

I also find different frames like different rates. Would really like to see what you guys are talking about with this source one. Because it should be a super flier basically out of the box

Steve has also just moved over to hall gimbals on his Taranis. Is there a setup to do? The bottom end of all sticks were super twitchy. I never had a Taranis, let alone upgraded to hall gimbals.

Calibration… you must calibrate the Taranis gimbals (same as it works on your tango)

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy @anon34183503
I’ve checked the TX stick values move from the standard 1000 to 2000 with midpoint 1500
movement/values are linear so I’m not thinking anymore it’s the new gimbals
However ready to be corrected as flying the ST250 felt different to usual :thinking: :thinking:

Did that, first thing :smile:

Hall gimbals will feel different to standard ones. Have you got any black box logs? Was the quad moving Uncommanded in acro (no one flies angle)

Maybe I just wasn’t used to a different setup and tx. I’ve only really flown mine. And the tx felt HUGE lol.

@Wyntrblue
@notveryprettyboy

No logs, not setup.
I’ll try it again with logging enabled

1 Like

@Steviegeek did you figure out the low signal on your crossfire?

Hi Karl and James @anon34183503
Mine were 800deg/s so that’s probably the issue, if I understand this right, mine would move 20degrees more every 1/10th second compared to yours, which I imagine in ACRO is a lot :thinking:

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face: