So... what's on your bench at the moment?

Ive asked what cable is used for the TBS pigtails in the Team Black Sheep fb group. Hopefully Trappy or someone else that works there will respond :crossed_fingers:t2:

Right now I’m rebuilding my other 3D printed drone. This time the 2".

It’s flown really well and been loads of fun, but after the Chesterfield Bando trip a couple of weeks ago it suffered quite badly and although it still actually flew just fine it was clear that the Polypropylene frame had split and become unusable.

I don’t have any more polypropylene and I’ve been desperate to do a rebuild of it with a proper camera. Having tried @Jon-Denise 's Mantis 85 which was loads of fun even in the house I decided something like that was what was needed.

I found a frame that took my fancy on Banggood, the AlfaRC CubAIO 88mm, and that just arrived this week.

The 2" 3d printed drone was a bit odd with a 16mm ESC and a 20mm FC, with an adapter plate inbetween. I’ve changed to both being 20mm style since 16mm parts seem to be very hard to find these days. I chose the AtomRC Exceed BLS20A 4in1 2~4S ESC.

Anyway, I’ve started tonight and have the ESC wired up to the motors from the old build, which seem to work fine. I’ve applied conformal coating as well.

6 Likes

Love it, fun fun fun all day long looks pretty. :man_mage::owl:

1 Like

Would a Beta 85x fit on there also mate ???

More or less everything I have :frowning:

2 Likes

Amateur hour. I can barely get to mine. :laughing:

1 Like

I was literally about to say the same thing. Bloody hobby costs a fortune

1 Like

It’s coming together.

It all works and is conformally coated. I’m very happy with just 88g for the weight.

Now I need to get BF 4.3 on there. Then test flights…

And of course I need to get the Runcam Thumb on it.

4 Likes

Looking really good, nice one :clap::clap:

1 Like

Just had it’s first fly in the garden… it’s a bit nippy… :star_struck:

2 Likes

And of course with Runcam Thumb… still only 109g.

5 Likes

Love it, just hope it as much fun as you hoped. :man_mage::owl:

Anything would fit on there, but I’d imagine the 85x motors (1105?) might be too small/weak. I think mine are 1406. I think Chris Teal (DroneCo) does some smaller frames too, though.

Everything!

3 Likes

My 5" just got some snazzy new Xing 2 2306 2555KV motors, race LEDs and new VTX and GPS antenna mounts…

3 Likes

Think I need a smaller battery :grinning:

1 Like

Nutter! You’ve given me an idea…

It’s been running at full throttle for nearly an hour, great for testing

What’s your idea?

1 Like

Youre gonna need bigger props to take off with that powerstation attached :grin:

It’s got 8” props, I think I might have some 10”ers somewhere :smiley: