Solomon's Temple - Added to Castles and Fortifications in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

There's a car park (with honesty box) near the Buxton Caravan Club site. Toilet facilities here. Short but quite steep walk up to the tiny "castle". 360 views all around.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 22/12/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @Liv :+1:t2:

1 Like

I wouldn’t have put Buxton in the east Midlands with it being north Derbyshire. But I suppose technically it is.

How busy does it get @Liv?

Had to google it because I wasn’t sure myself, it states Buxton is East Mids though.

I did :rofl::rofl: . Coming from Glossop (not now) I was convinced it was north west. We used to watch Grenada TV.:grin:

You may have to wait a little for people to disperse. Whenever I’ve been it’s usually a few walkers around who walk up to it and then go off elsewhere. Some will linger 15 mins or so up the tower. The ground is all over the place so a bit of a playground for kids.

1 Like

I used to watch that too haha. I had assumed North West as well

1 Like

This was the day I learnt how crazy dogs can become when a drone is around :rofl:

I’ve flown here too @Liv :grin:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @Liv :grin: