Somerset Levels B Roll

Few suggestion from a local Somerset levels group on where they want to see from the air guided yesterday’s sunny flight, showing of the Levels.

Featuring: New Road, Shapwick, Mark, Burrow Mump, Brent Knoll finishing off with a couple Red Kites.

10 Likes

Truly a lovely part of the country , you capture it so well and superbly edited, I wish I had half your talent .

2 Likes

Thank you mate, appreciate it. Is a great part of the world, lucky to be surrounded by all this greenery. :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I’ve not been down that way in many years and you forget how beautiful it is , I live in the middle of nowhere in the Norfolk countryside but it lacks interesting content but still nice to have lots of open space to fly

2 Likes

And I thought it was flat round me !!

Super flat here mate. Apart from horizon! 🤦🏽 Stupid 10bit videos. I have since corrected it as it was bugging the shit out of me. :joy:

Nice footage. Lovely out on the North Somerset Levels too!

4 Likes

Great video Steve and very well edited :+1: don’t think I’ve ever seen anywhere so flat! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you John. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks Peter :fist_right:t2::fist_left:t4:

Loved it Steve what was the transition you used at 1.18 from church to landscape

:clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks mate, that would be ‘smooth cut’ DaVinci resolve :ok_hand:t4:

3 Likes

Thanks bud I use FCPX but I’m sure I can find a alternative

1 Like

‘Flow’ is what you are looking for :wink:

4 Likes

Hello, I am not sure if your see this, im new to droning, im from Highbridge and I wanted to capture the area around the Knoll fields ect but i was under the impression all fields surrounding the Knoll were private, or am i allowed to fly my drone there?

Also where do you take off from?

Thank you

1 Like

Hiya, if you are referring to the Brent Knoll area of fields you can fly these until your heart is content. Brent knoll itself is national trust so launching from there wouldn’t be ideal but you can however overfly once in the air :smirk: Plenty of public places nearby though. :+1:

2 Likes

So i could visit any field nearby to Brent Knoll and take off from there, just figured a lot would have been private farmland ect

1 Like

Do you happen to remember where you took off from, and what section of the somerset levels is that? Like if you know your takeoff location that would be amazing.

I believe there is a local park nearby, I forget the name of the road but it’ll be in Google. Good launch site :+1:

1 Like

Are you allowed to take off from there then?