Somerset newbie

Hi All,

Very new to drones, just got my first, Mavic Air 2, ops and fly numbers, now looking for a safe place to practice.

Live in the Bridgwater area so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

2 Likes

Ah hello there Jim, I’m.just down the road in North Petherton. Welcome to the club. :handshake:

Thanks, I’m in North Petherton also, Stockmoor.

Always a confusion whether its NP or Bridgwater!

Any advice on areas to trial flights around here?

Jim

1 Like

I first started out at ParkersField in the village near the Bike track. Great open space just for getting to grips with the controls. I also fly at Brean Beach & the Quantocks alot when I’m just after a mess around or try something new.

Also have a quick nose at This

Some great locations shared by the drone Community.

Thanks, I take the dog to the orchard and around the field, and I’ve seen a drone there before. wasn’t sure if permission was needed.

I’ll give them a go.

Jim

1 Like

No permission needed there, ovbs drone code applies but apart from that knock yourself out.

I’m grounded at the moment due to camera gimbal issues but should be back in the air soon, If you fancy a wingman.

Sounds like a plan.

It would be at a weekend as I work from home and am fairly busy just now…lucky given what’s going on.

Had a look at the link you sent…I walk the dog in that area in the Quantocks and on Brean. Small world.

Hope the gimbal is fixed soon. What’s your drone?

1 Like

I own the Mavic 2 Pro, absolutely amazing (when it works) :sleepy: very annoying thats its of the road, with all these amazing autumn colours around. Weekends are good. Also night flights are pretty good. I’ll keep you posted on the drone fix then we’ll sort something out :ok_hand:

:+1:

1 Like

@McSteamy2010 and @JimB105 sitting in a tree ;o)

Welcome to GADC Jim, steve will look after you ;o)

1 Like

Jealousy gets you nowhere sir :smirk::joy:

1 Like

Thanks Chris,

He’s already offered and given me some good places to try out ( that will reduce my chances of accidentally killing someone on my maiden flight!)

Cheers,

Jim

2 Likes

You haven’t seen @McSteamy2010 flying yet #kamikaze :rofl:

Welcome to GADC Jim you’re in good hands with Steve for sure :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome…not so sure about the inside info on the kamakazi :scream:

2 Likes

Its not that bad promise, only 2 airliners and a hot air balloon. No biggie :smirk::grimacing:

1 Like

And that was just his first flight :rofl:

1 Like

Looks like an easy target to beat…

1 Like

Just seen your post.

I am on Wilstock.

If you are on our Facebook community page you might’ve seen my 360 of the country park last week.

Oh and we are North Petherton, as Bridgwater starts beyond the BP garage on Taunton Road.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Somerset newbie:

New to drones also on the quantocks area, where do I find you group on Facebook please thanks Alison

@DroneGeek I think that question is for you.

1 Like