Sonning Bridge - Reading

Finally a day when I could fly the drone…no rain, moderate wind so I took it to the Thames in Sonning. River was fast flowing and high, the Thames Path was waterlogged and flooded in places so launched near the bridge. I’ll go back there soon and shoot some video.

I thought I would try a bit of HDR and I was impressed with the alignment of the images, it was quite gusty at times but the Mavic handled it beautifully…

One question though, I think the Bridge shot works well in B&W…

But not sure on the landscape…Colour or Black and White?

Thanks for looking
Butch

9 Likes

crop1

I had a play this is what I came up with

2 Likes

Beautiful shot there mate! Liking them a lot!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

:relieved: you cropped it…because it didn’t follow the rule of thirds? It doesn’t have to…

1 Like

I like the images , I think the landscape looses something when the sky is B & W

1 Like

I only cropped it as a suggestion , not the rule of thirds , I just thought that it lightened it a bit

1 Like

Cool, :blush: thank you, I will have another look at it, thank you for your advice!

Great photos, I agree that the bridge shot looks really nice in black and white, with the other ones I like both but think the sky looks more dramatic it the colour version

1 Like

Love these, especially the first one.

1 Like

:pray: thanks!

Bridge one very striking. very nice

1 Like

Lovely photos. I’d happily have the bridge one framed and on my wall. It reminds me of the hobbit
Lol.

1 Like