South Cerney Aerodrome - Added to Everything Else in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Parking/TOAL: 51.691210, -1.916136

Royal Air Force South Cerney or more simply RAF South Cerney is a former Royal Air Force station located in South Cerney near Cirencester in Gloucestershire, England. It was built during the 1930s to conduct flying training. The airfield was turned over to the British Army in 1971 and is now known as the Duke of Gloucester Barracks.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 16/12/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Flyers should be aware that the airfield is used by Hanggliders a Parachting on a regular basis. Always check Notams before flying .
The airfield lies in line with the approach to Fairford, now an active USA airbase.

Thanks Tony, a good point. I always check on Drone Scene before I fly. This site is yellow zone for the reasons you’ve mentioned. No notams in place at the mo. And to be double sure, I was directly above the A419 (see red cross below), not the aerodrome.

3 Likes