South East England Meet-up | Sunday 17th September

no I have not been hacked. Cheers PS

Yet you drive a Ford Clitoris ? Company car ?

Don’t ever get into cycling… OMG those lycra clad lot talking about a brake pad that’s 0.00001g lighter than everyone else’s (I get a carbon bike is lighter, but that 2kg or whatever over my aluminium is nothing compared to the 10kg I need to lose!)… Actually found a casual cycling group a few years back (but unfortunately broke up eventually…) that just accepted everyone and was OK.

@notveryprettyboy has a great Gazebo…

1 Like

I have an estate car because one of my son is wheelchair bound, so I need the boot space. Cheers.

Then don’t bother going? What’s the point? :man_shrugging:t2:

I can wear a cotton t-shirt and blue socks if its less likely to offend you?

You won’t see me in Red Socks :scream:

1 Like

Sky blue for you Wayne? Full kit wanker? :laughing:

2 Likes

Me last week :joy:

you’ve got a good point there mate. why bother indeed.
never mind plenty more to do elsewhere.

cheers and have fun

I ask this with love in my heart and a genuine curiosity. Why did you make that post earlier?

It came across as if you wanted to alienate yourself from people who’d be going to the meet. Was that what you intended?

Perhaps there was some nuanced humour that’s gone whoosh over my head.

2 Likes

For attention :+1:t2:

1 Like

I just dislike product and hobbistic “chumness” just because we’re both into drones don’t mean we need to bond as chums or sign to a club and wear a badge. I go someplace, do my thing, don’t bother anyone, try my best to stay within rules, and once I’m done go back home, without faking smiles and pretend I care about gear and jargon. Whoever I’m bound to meet I’ll never see again so…

Fair enough

Weather looking less than perfect.

May need an anorak for the rain (30% chance)

Other are attending (I believe … see poll top top) I am 50/50 due to other commitments.

The BBC weather report doesn’t look good but it has been changing daily, if the weather is favourable I will be there with @Riccar and Carol. At the moment the weather looks ok for the 24th, so if not this weekend maybe next weekend.

Not going to be able to make it on Sunday, as expected. Sorry folks. I have to prepare the GCSE results for our school senior leaders! Raincheck!

Looks like it’s nearly crunch time to decide on if this is going ahead or not, Weather looks cloudy until about 1 - 2pm then the heavens will open at some point after.

If it’s not called off by higher power, I’m not far away so I can head there for 10.30 (having collected DoctorMako assuming he is still attending) and hope for the best.

I am free tomorrow and would love to meet up with you all if the meetup isn’t cancelled.