South East England Meet-up | Sunday 17th September

Everyone welcome. FPV’er, Camera Drones or even people who not a got a drone yet. No drone police, but do not be an arsehole rule applies.

if you have them …
Bring Grey Arrows name badge from big meet
Bring tea, coffee and maybe something better if not driving.
Bring snacks.
Bring batteries.
Bring spares!
Bring a chair! (Better than a table)
Bring gazebos!

Cap Park Location: ///darts.tech.sweep - https://goo.gl/maps/Y9DacwHZCbHAQdny6

Exit the car park on right, kept to the right and follow the footpath. The very friendly park ranger can be feed with cookies. Plan to start flying near:-

• Come rain or shine, I will be there
  • Fair weather and a fair wind, I will be there
  • If the stars align, I might just make it
  • Alas, something more important than drone flying (WTF??)
  • sorry, I’m an arsehole ( :wink: )
0 voters

My wife has cancer treatment and haven’t got her dates for September yet, I didn’t mean to be grumpy and I know it’s hard to arrange these things. I had to miss the August dates as I had other things on but am keen to be as active as I can in the club

David

I dont think you were being grumpy :slight_smile:
Hope your wife’s treatment not moved around too much with the NHS fun and games at the moment.

Traffic, holidays and weather - I am sure the venn diagram of dates will aligns at some in the next few weeks. Let me have some data/dates to work around. Heck - who know people we are closer to me to disused gold course may do sunday and monday if asked.

17 or 24 september could work for me

David

Hey @bmsleight these 2 dates in September are a possibility in my diary if the weather is good to fly, anyone else available for those days? @grandad1950 @RestlessZombi @Riccar

Either or both would work for me.

I could do 17th but NOT 24th

Sorry I have to be an arsole on this one. 6hrs driving is probably not the best on this occasion with surrounding commitments. If it changes then I will not be an arshole but at the moment it is not a great option for us. Sorry bout that.

I only live 5 minutes away so if im not working ill be there

There is a meetup on the 28th, if you happen to be free on the Bank Holiday Monday - Link

1 Like

@BadManners Andrew (Or Nadia (Does Nadia have a username?) - have you got the list of usernames that attended today - so we can tag them for the 17th Sept ?

@bmsleight this might be the list you need? South East England Meet-up | Monday 28th August | Revised date - #55 by BadManners

Don’t forget to tag @group-southeast too :wink:

1 Like

Rich just posted the link to the other thread :point_up:

1 Like

Possible next meet. on the 17th Sept. As always weather permitting.

@bmsleight Brendan
@liberfly Pete
@ANDMUL Lynn
@Riccar Rick
Carol (with Riccar)
@DrDave
Rebecca (with DrDave)
@grandad1950 David
@IanH Ian
@SirGunner Steve
@doctormako Mako
Shona (with doctormako)
@RestlessZombi Jason
@BadManners Andrew
Nadia (with Andrew)

As well as anyone @group-southeast

May move the location a little further down the ex-Golf Course for better obstacles and less interference from radio tower.

2 Likes

Rebecca says she needs to practice flying around trees. Our attendance really does depend on my workload briefing senior leaders. Fingers crossed!

Im working that day sadly, i would love to have come.

As much as I hate the feeling of belonging to any club, seen as it is close I might make an effort, just don’t expect me to talk to any of you. I like to keep myself to myself, I am just not the “club type”, not the chum type, I am friendly and polite but I hate “club belonging” I fucking hate badges, and most of all I hate “prosumers” that talk gear and bore the pants off me. So if you see a red Ford Focus ST Estate, you know who to avoid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please tell me this is a wind up? :exploding_head:

No mate, straight up, I hate talking to woolly jumper wearers, red socks and flasks, gazebo, tents and picnic chairs & tables with any hobbies, be it drone flying of RC cars and anything in between, guitar collecting, DSLR cameras, lenses etc (zzzzzzZZZzzzzz)

Has @Badly_Drone_Boy been hacked? :thinking: