South East England Meet-up | Sunday 22rd Oct | Knockholt

Great that you are enjoying good weather :slight_smile: Have a great day!

What a day!
@smudge202 first meet-up ! (Nice mid-air collision with my drone) + (Is thingiabob on this forum?)
@Stewrat New camera drone (Thanks for the fly - it’s great starter drone 150 quid, should share the model and Cakes!)
@RestlessZombi The only what who had anything like a first aid kit.
@swifthalf & Anne - Good confidence building on flights
@nicesub For the blood sacrifice so that not drone were lost. And the insulation tape - spotting the cable nick and god for fingers!

Video and photos for follow at some point.

Was great meeting everyone and thanks muchly for organising.

Depending on work, will try get the “Smudge’s top 100 near misses compilation vol 1” out in next few days :smiley:

(And no, Daryl’s not on here yet; I roped him in last minute because he lived up the road :smiley: )

2 Likes

Like these ?

1 Like

One stitch and dash of glue and it will be like a new finger in two weeks…so they say…

Nice, glad no permanent damage. My car now has a first-aid kit.

Wing flying propellers fun!

That’s good news. It looked a bit messy there for a while!

A very enjoyable meet up, thanks for organising. The wing chase was great to watch too. Thanks for all the help and advice from everyone, much appreciated.

A quick message to say if you need any assistance with building / setting it up let me know. As mentioned on the day we have the same / similar frames which might help a bit. There are many others here that will be happy to help if you post in the FPV Section too.

1 Like

At this point the biggest hold-up is how slow and finnicky I’m being with the soldering. Next time I pick it up I’ll start a thread in FPV Section as you’ve suggested; having seen yours I’ll def want to make some changes to what I was going to put together. Thanks!

My video of the Knockholt venue. I’m still getting the hang of the Mini 2 SE and this was quickly put together. It does give a good idea of the layout and size of the area though. It also features ‘the lake’.
Knockholt

4 Likes

Hi @Stewrat I’ve edited your post to include the OneBox preview.

To do this just paste the YouTube link into a new line of its own with no spaces etc.

No need to use the insert hyperlink button in the message composer or any embed code, its all done automatically for you if you follow the above.

www.youtube.com/justlikethis

OK, great, thanks.

I’ll remember for next time!

1 Like

The camera drone was my emergency backup Potensic Atom SE, £130 used from Ebay. It flies very well, uses GPS and many of the features of the Mini 2 SE with the exception of 3 axis gimbal and camera zoom. The camera quality is pretty good, range is 4km and the battery lasts about 25 mins. I think it’s a great starter drone.

I’ve seen a few of them (used) on Ebay recently for around the same price and there are plenty of reviews on Youtube.

I’m very pleased with it :yum:

A quick video I made of the “all too close” pass I made of the fixed wing while trying to chase it.

Sorry for nearly taking you out… :slight_smile:

@gunja99 would not have missed!
Nice video

Oi. I have never unintentionally hit another flyer! Shall to @Yith about that…

It’s actually rather hard to hit a plane as this video shows me trying to take the yellow one out… Got there in the end

2 Likes

You caught my drone in shot and @nicesub wing at 00:06

Actually closest recently was at 4:35 in this video… When I nearly flew my wing into the drone. Could see the white plane but not the drone lol